FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 13th March 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
dellzeqq said:
wierdly, we do have a rider who comes down from Hull from time to time. How he does it is beyond me, but he's always good fun when he gets there, and has been remarkably modest about Hull's record against London clubs this year. Which I wouldn't have been....

Be interested to know how he gets down to London. If he drives, possible car share?
I'm not from Hull so I won't mention the football either :evil: although the tigers seemed to have been tamed :laugh:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Sounds good to me. Always wanted to join one of these, and never realised quite how attainable it was. I'm hoping to ride back to sunny Bromley after, as I need to get some miles in for LEL training :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
and turned into objects of ridicule by their 'mauled by the tigers' dance

dear god

as ever, keen to come on the ride, I'd like to see Ditchling again with less people walking up in and getting in the way

I will check the very congested family calendar

TimO

Guru
I assume the April one is going to be a TNRttC because the 10th is Good Friday? Personally I wouldn't care about doing it on a Friday, but I guess lots of people use the long weekend to go away.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
TimO said:
I assume the April one is going to be a TNRttC because the 10th is Good Friday? Personally I wouldn't care about doing it on a Friday, but I guess lots of people use the long weekend to go away.

absolutely. I considered moving it back a week, but our last TNRttC proved quite popular. And the hail coming in at 30mph as we made our way across the top of the South Downs made it all the more memorable.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Thanks Dellzeqq, I think my legs would be fine. I did a 80 miler saturday and feel good, but I think I will have to give the first one a miss as am out Saturday night for a "few" bevvies and dont want to be falling asleep!

However, the 2nd and 3rd ones ill be up for! Thanks!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Dan B
Martin M
Adrian C
Tim O
User10571 B
radius
arallsopp
Fred S
Jack F
Will K
Hannah C
Brian P
flying dodo (contingent on the cat's meteorological prognostications)
Morag M (50/50)
John K
Greg C
Paul R
Hatler
Aperitif
Chris B

TimO

Guru
18 people, and that's over two weeks before the event, isn't bad.
thumb_up.gif

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
It's comic relief on the 13th so I was going to have a day off work so I wouldn't have to suffer my colleagues wearing wigs etc. I was going to get up at lunchtime, eat at the chinese then go cycling, but I could get up even later and ride to Brighton in the dark. I'll let it brew awhile.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
User10571's a good man, been on a few rides with hom over the past year, last one a few weeks ago

dellzeqq said:
Dan B
Martin M
Adrian C
Tim O
User10571 B
radius
arallsopp
Fred S
Jack F
Will K
Hannah C
Brian P
Morag M (50/50)
John K
Greg C
Paul R
Hatler

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Would have liked to come along as this sounds fun. Unfortunately I have plans... going round to a mates for dinner then am teaching them all how to play poker and a cash tournament will follow. :evil:

Good luck with it though ;)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Dan B
Martin M
Adrian C
Tim O
User10571 B
radius
arallsopp
Fred S
Jack F
Will K
Hannah C
Brian P
Morag M (50/50)
John K
Greg C
Paul R
Hatler
Aperitif
Chris B
Simon P
Marna G
Des O'D
ilovebikes
Els V
Dave J

Metcheck is looking frightful - half an inch of rain and 20mm sidewinds. I know that you'll be relishing the challenge, but, before you break out the oilskins, the cat says that it will be fine....

Top Bottom