FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 13th March 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sounds like good advice TimO. Yesterday, on the Sunny Herts ride, one of the participants had two new tubes, boxed, which were both faulty. I was down to my last (but best :biggrin:) and we were faffing about for an unreasonable amount of time for a simple repair. Unusual, granted, but is a practical example of even the best preparation delaying a small group for an inordinate amount of time. (Just realised why my ride time v departure time/pub/cake is so different!)
At night, that sort of delay would have been pénible I reckon...

Radius

SHREDDER
If we're going Frenchy aperitif, il est bien possible que ca soit vrai :biggrin:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I carry a bunch of spare tubes, and, if the wheel is a 700 23 or 25 I'll whip mine out (ooh, missus) and stick it in (wahey) because experience has taught us that tubes from 'a store that we will not mention' may not be airtight. And the buggers are sticky, which is why I recommend Specialized red packet jobbies, which are pre-talced.

mike e

Soltydog said:
Be interested to know how he gets down to London. If he drives, possible car share?
I'm not from Hull so I won't mention the football either :biggrin: although the tigers seemed to have been tamed :ohmy:

Hello there in Hornsea, I've travelled down for 4 of these rides and always catch the train, booking in advance you can find some quite cheap fares. I wouldn't consider driving as you'd be knackered driving home whereas you can sleep on the train and it would cost a fortune to park your car in London.

I'm missing this months ride but have already booked my train for April (paid £34.50 return with bike)

Not a massive Hull fan but it was nice to see them doing well earlier in the season, not looking as good now but they should stay up......just!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
mike e said:
Hello there in Hornsea, I've travelled down for 4 of these rides and always catch the train, booking in advance you can find some quite cheap fares. I wouldn't consider driving as you'd be knackered driving home whereas you can sleep on the train and it would cost a fortune to park your car in London.

I'm missing this months ride but have already booked my train for April (paid £34.50 return with bike)

Not a massive Hull fan but it was nice to see them doing well earlier in the season, not looking as good now but they should stay up......just!

Hi
I can use my staff priv card & get a return for £56 :sad: or i looked at booking in advance & getting a single ticket for each part of journey can do it as cheap as £29 in advance :smile:
We might be moving in April, so not sure if I can make that ride yet, but will do one soon ;)

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Am a defo no go for this.

but next time ill be there!

Ta!

TimO

Guru
Over the last couple of days, I've been feeling progressively more horrible. If I feel like I do now, I won't be coming into work tomorrow. Unless I manage a spectacular recovery, I've got a nasty feeling that I'm not going to make this one after all. :biggrin:

I'll wait until Friday before making a definite decision, but if I feel a bit ill after a twelve mile commute, then fifty eight miles is probably a bad idea.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Dan B
Adrian C
User10571 B
radius
arallsopp
Fred S
Jack F
Will K
Hannah C
Brian P
flying dodo
Morag M (50/50)
Greg C
Paul R
Hatler
Aperitif
Chris B
Simon P
Marna G
Des O'D
ilovebikes
Els V
Dave J
Tom McD
Robbie D
Dan P
Isa T
Iain C
topcat1
Dave S
David F
Ben P
Jonathan C
Tim F
Louise L
Jon A
Alan P
Caitlin R
Alan L (who may, for all I know, arrive fresh from John O'Groats)
Gerald C (hooray!!!)

I still await that mysterious phone call

dddrrrr, dddrrrr, dddrrrr, dddrrrr, dddrrrr
'Simon'
'Pavel'
'I will see you tonight'
'Great stuff'
click

metcheck now looking almost OK. No rain, but headwind, and 100% overcast. The cat's confidence is undimmed.

TimO

Guru
I'm feeling better than I was, but still not 100%, so I think I'm going to have to cry off.

Added to that, for reasons of time, I'm going to have to take the Underground/Tram back home this evening, so I can collect the cat from the Vets (no, not that cat!). So the bike will be left at work, not at home, and everything will be in the wrong places anyway.

Bugger.

Oh well, there are still a few more FNRttC rides left this year.:wacko:

Top Bottom