FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - 16th May 2014, York to Hull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
Right after advocating old steel frames, fixed wheels, racks, Brooks saddles, Carradice saddle bags, Blumels pumps, and mudguards.
I had to hide at the back during the briefing in case my mudguards, rack, and Carradice saddle bag were spotted.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Or if we all persuaded one extra person to come on the ride that would double the numbers.
I've already done that :thumbsup: Sold it well to a mate who will join us next time, just hope my shifts fall nicely to coincide with ride :shy:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I had to hide at the back during the briefing in case my mudguards, rack, and Carradice saddle bag were spotted.

I'll see your mudguards, rack and Carradice saddle bag and I'll raise you: mudguards, front and rear racks, Carradice bar bag and Carradice rack pack.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I managed to have a mudguard-related mechanical. I did my best to keep this hidden from the TECs and soldiered on. A mildly irritating rubbing noise was as nothing to the shame of holding up the ride with my mudguards.

CrinklyUncle

Yorkie people: The Dalek garage had a sign saying it was the last shop before Mars. Is this a planetary cycle way reference or mere small shop keeper eccentricity?

Read this and I think it will answer your question:
http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/05/york-...er-storm-trooper-daleks-and-cyberman-4718515/

There is also a Tardis near the car wash.

CrinklyUncle

If the mid ride stop becomes an issue due to numbers, then there is a MacD (which I'm sure is 24hours) at Goole, just of Jn 36? M62 which is less than a mile off the route. As much as I hate the places, I'd be happy to use it, if it was the difference between the ride going ahead or not :thumbsup:

There is also a MacD just after crossing the Trent (There is also a Tesco extra) the websites for both say they are 24 hour, but worth checking first as I have only visited them in the day.

These could make two stops at approx 1/3 and 2/3 distance.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'll see your mudguards, rack and Carradice saddle bag and I'll raise you: mudguards, front and rear racks, Carradice bar bag and Carradice rack pack.
And yet Susie managed with a tiny rucksack containing a light layer, lippy, eye-liner and a mobile phone. Remind me.........who was the quickest up the hills?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
As others have said, it was an excellent ride. I also learnt a few things...

1. It is possible to get sunburnt on a night ride - or at least when the sun rises so early. Dell might want to add the need to apply sun block to his typically comprehensive health and safety briefing..
sunblock is for girls. Ergo, all you need to do is to sidle up to a girl and ask if you can use some of her sunblock.

Top Bottom