FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - 25th June to Felpham, near Bognor Regis 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
That's an amazing list and I'm quiet jealous that I'm not coming on the ride. On the off chance I can wave you off what time is kick off and where (to save me wading through 29 pages)?

Abs

iLB

Hello there
HaloJ said:
On the off chance I can wave you off what time is kick off and where (to save me wading through 29 pages)?

Abs

Midnight at Hyde park corner under wellington arch, other official waver offers (?) :smile: will be present...

Julesh

Guru
It's an amazing list because that Mr. Legg first forgot to add my subsequent +1 and then added me again with a +1 so I've now got to do the ride twice!

So as to not mess up the TECs I'll ride about 500m, retrace my route through the rest of you (a bit like a salmon returning to spawn) so plz to leave a gap, redo that 500m and repeat until I get to the beach.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Julesh said:
It's an amazing list because that Mr. Legg first forgot to add my subsequent +1 and then added me again with a +1 so I've now got to do the ride twice!.
ha-ha - the second entry refers simply to your +1, who, thus far, is only identified by her being 'tall'. How tall we know not, but, unless she's on the back of a tandem, she'll be the youngest solo rider to complete the trip. We've had a four year old, but he confined himself to the Ditchling Beacon, and we've had a fourteen year old (iirc) on the back of a tandem, and a couple of seventeen year olds.

I'm not going to give anything away when I say we'll have at least one rider in his sixties, so it is with unreasonable pride that I point out that the age range is about fifty years.

zigzag said:
hi, i have let google maps to create the route (felpham to c.london _walking_). that gives pretty much straight line to london ~64mi, then upload it to gps. i'll be glad if there is a group of us cycling back to london. see you all tonight!

Normally on the Bognor rides, I go and have a leisurely breakfast with my dad, but he's up in Sheffield getting a free lunch from the University for all those who graduated 50 or more years ago. Therefore I've got a free day, so I might well be cycling back to London as well.

TimO

Guru
I was trying to remember where we had our Breakfast in Felpham, and for the life of me I couldn't recall the place.

I had an instant brainwave, and fired up Google Streetview. One look down the road, and I remembered it!

Flying Dodo said:
Normally on the Bognor rides, I go and have a leisurely breakfast with my dad, but he's up in Sheffield getting a free lunch from the University for all those who graduated 50 or more years ago. Therefore I've got a free day, so I might well be cycling back to London enjoying a sunkissed beer on the terrace 'early doors' as well.

Fixed, Adam! :biggrin:
Actually - you'll probably build in a Biggin Hill sortie, non? :sad:

Pre-ride excitement as a shitty gent, albeit a bit tyred, helped Claudine earlier today. He was on his 'metal' - although quite possibly a severe misuse of bronze.
It was a tradingpitstop of the first order!
2zdpva0.jpg

Speicher

Vice Admiral
TimO said:
I was trying to remember where we had our Breakfast in Felpham, and for the life of me I couldn't recall the place.

I had an instant brainwave, and fired up Google Streetview. One look down the road, and I remembered it!

As you cruised along towards Felpham, at about 4am it would have dawned on you.

Top Bottom