FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 26th February - Brighton 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Tollers said:
Hmmm. Months of criticising other for upberdefensiveness and now it#s me receiving the battering and revealing my own insecurities. Damn you Rich. I wish i'd known you were there, the healthy competition would have done me good (for a 10 mile sprint). How about taking up User's challenge for a bit of competition? :biggrin:

User's challenge? wossat?

mistral

Guru
Tollers said:
p.s.....when Pater let me into his reigate home at 3:30, he said "i thought you were on fnrttc", i replied "i was". He looked at me smiling and said. "yes, it takes a certain sort of psychotic!"

Should that be Si-chotic?

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Tollers said:
ps TT....does that make us even yet?

Is that the best you got Mark?

No, not even evens yet! I smell the old vino...!! What for? There were no cruel jibes about you in the write up!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Tollers said:
as an engineer (geek), i tend to avoid the head and confused debate of P&L where people don't appreciate my geekiness

Nonsense, Tollers! P&L is crying out for more geeks ;).

theclaud

Openly Marxist
ttcycle said:
Are you recruiting?

I'm still intrigued as to what User's challenge is!?

Certainly am. Patrick and Andy have far too much time on their hands, and what with Dellzeqq working, User482 on sabbatical, Gary AWOL, Jonesy scarce and FM devoting his time to the mini-Monkey, the quality of the debate is plummeting fast. Srw's holding the fort, but he's a busy fellow. New blood is needed!

Equally mystified as to User's challenge. I think Rich should say yes first and ask questions later...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Tollers said:

Ah, I see. Sadly I have a 60 mile challenge of my own this weekend involving a pass by of Beachy Head so I can toss myself off if it all gets too much.

tanya g

Thanks all, another fun ride. I won't make the next one but hopefully see you all in a few mths*.

Wayfinding is always a pleasure - UNLESS it means you are last to the half time and /or final stop. Even I'm not that nice :tongue:

*Although I might still be trying to work out why my waterproof gloves and lower part of my waterproof jacket got sooo wet.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
rich p said:
Ah, I see. Sadly I have a 60 mile challenge of my own this weekend involving a pass by of Beachy Head so I can toss myself off if it all gets too much.

I've never found it necessary to go to Beachy Head to do that, but whatever turns you on...:tongue:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
theclaud said:
Certainly am. Patrick and Andy have far too much time on their hands, and what with Dellzeqq working, User482 on sabbatical, Gary AWOL, Jonesy scarce and FM devoting his time to the mini-Monkey, the quality of the debate is plummeting fast. Srw's holding the fort, but he's a busy fellow. New blood is needed!

TC I think CC is the only place I have in my life that is mainly free from the politics -ish...I try very hard to maintain that...though I do post very, very occasionally but more worryingly I have started posting P&L style outside of P&L. Maybe, just maybe it's the inevitable and in time I will be sucked in never to return - sort of like Hotel California. So none of my new blood for now, unless there's something tempting to be commented on. LOL.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
arallsopp said:
What a ride!
What a video! This stuff probably is the best PR the FNRttC can ever get. (At least it got me hooked a few month ago. I especially like the few seconds at the end where my Grashopper can be seen perfectly :biggrin:.

arallsopp said:
All were surprised I'd managed to kill a schwalbe marathon, and yet none killed me when I explained it had over 8,500 miles on it. To be fair, the little front has the same, and its only 2/3rds the size :laugh:
Well - you did not tell me. I wouldn't have been surprised. On my upwrong (28 inch wheels) I used to run down (ordinary) Marathons within 6500 KILOMETERS (with 35kg of luggage). It doesn´t surprise me at all that a 26 inch Marathon wears out after 8500 MILES. You should mail the 20 inch one to the Schwalbe guys in Reichshof, Germany. I guess they´ll reserve a special place for it in their museum :laugh: (and they´ll probably send you a new one as a reward)

Looking fortward to seeing you guys in April
Olaf (the slow one on the other recumbent)

Top Bottom