FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 26th February - Brighton 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
MacB said:
you're kind of built for lurking aren't you?

I am a good lurking fellow, it's been said;)

theclaud

Openly Marxist
rich p said:
The lurking bit made me snigger - a sort of furtive Peeping Tom of the forum!

Well, I am quite a fan of the Spying function. It's always good to see what people are up to. You know - "Patrick Stevens is currently viewing "Should I get the video of Back to the Crack - Butt Munchers III?" or "Andy in Sig is currently replying to A Bluffer's Guide to Abstract Expressionism". That sort of thing.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
theclaud said:
Well, I am quite a fan of the Spying function. It's always good to see what people are up to. You know - "Patrick Stevens is currently viewing "Should I get the video of Back to the Crack - Butt Munchers III?" or "Andy in Sig is currently replying to A Bluffer's Guide to Abstract Expressionism". That sort of thing.

You mentioned this on Saturday. Where do I click, on the name?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
rich p said:
Well, there's a bloke called 'dickthehippy' looking at the Sale section:ohmy::ohmy:

:smile: See - I told you it was fun. You'd be amazed at the forummers who have been spotted toying with purchasing a bright pink Colnago...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
theclaud said:
Wussy enough to rely on a bit of a tow into Whitstable from more tireless riders :smile:. I really meant comparatively wussy - I think the conversation that MacB half-remembers involved a bit of hat-tipping to Tanya and/or Thom sprinting effortlessly past the entire field, against the wind, for about the fifteenth time...

Well, you were fast enough to actually get the tow- and I had to catch you two up later on. Those two (Tanya and Thom) were showing some rather impressive speed (again!). I did a bit of that sort of speeding through the peloton on the last Southend ride, but the conditions were rather more favourable!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
theclaud said:
I forgot to add that it was nice to meet Tollers briefly, who observed that, being unknown to him, I must obviously be one of CycleChat's shy, quiet lurking types. But of course! :biggrin:

I overheard that introduction and it really, really made me laugh inside....reading it now is a laugh out loud- how could he miss TC?

rich p said:
The lurking bit made me snigger - a sort of furtive Peeping Tom of the forum!

Lurking? Me? I'll have you know that since the Bromley massive dissowned their sarf london roots ive been out every sunday with them since.

ttcycle said:
I overheard that introduction and it really, really made me laugh inside....reading it now is a laugh out loud- how could he miss TC?

I can't find claud's original post, but bless you! The girl thing was't as critical as the shy lurking type, but as an engineer (geek), i tend to avoid the head and confused debate of P&L where people don't appreciate my geekiness (twatiness) xx( However, it was nice to meet you not good for my machismo that it was all so easy for you. Thanks be to the Grace of god for showing mercy :biggrin:

ps TT....does that make us even yet?

rich p said:
Ha ha ha!!!xx(
None out of 3, Tollers!

Hmmm. Months of criticising other for upberdefensiveness and now it#s me receiving the battering and revealing my own insecurities. Damn you Rich. I wish i'd known you were there, the healthy competition would have done me good (for a 10 mile sprint). How about taking up User's challenge for a bit of competition? :biggrin:

p.s.....when Pater let me into his reigate home at 3:30, he said "i thought you were on fnrttc", i replied "i was". He looked at me smiling and said. "yes, it takes a certain sort of psychotic!"

Top Bottom