FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 26th February - Brighton 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:
Oh - it's 'Davina'!

Your subsequent threads will be useless without photos...

Welcome back! (Fingers crossed behind back etc...stands with back to wall:whistle:)

hahaha! Youve missed me then!

Ive got a few... not fit for this thread though...

Thanks! Missed you all, and the banter! :blush:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
rich p said:
Is it true that you're now a ladyboy, as Ape says, Davy?

Have you got a WSD saddle now?:laugh:

*giggles* No, am too short to be one!

You saying my ass has got too fat after eating like a pig for a month?:blush:

TimO

Guru
dellzeqq said:
definitely. And it's good to hear from you.

The reason for the alarm on my face the other day was that barely two hours earlier I'd seen a cyclist go over on black ice on the very bit of tarmac you were speeding over. I was a couple of hundred yards behind, and, seeing him fall, steered right. Happily he was young and well-padded, and seemed quite cheery about it, but it was a spectacular off.

Yikes, my entire route from Croydon to Liverpool Street seemed entirely ice free, aside from the initial snow I cycled on outside my house for a few hundred feet. It never occurred to me that there may be ice around there.

I didn't even realise it was you until you almost passed me, I don't think I've seen you without your yellow top. Wearing blue confused me (not hard admittedly!)

When I caught up with the WARTYers later on, they had already had at least three offs, none too serious, and luckily no more after I joined them. Auntie Helen apparently also did a quite spectacular 180° spin on the ice!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
I've always gone to the railways station... Southern used to let you book cycle spaces. But when you turned up for the train.......

How quaint! I might give it a try, just to see what it was like in the Olden Days.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
theclaud said:
How quaint! I might give it a try, just to see what it was like in the Olden Days.
next thing you know Mrs. Bagot, they'll be selling tickets on the internet!

BriefGodby.jpg

Oh, Mr. Godby - I'll thank you to keep that kind of expression to yourself!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Janie K
Stuart A
Ben P
Frank P
Lynn A
Lucy A
Ian A
Andrij B
Andy A
Rob H
John E
Rich P
Alastair MacB
Adam Y
Luke C
Adrian C
Steve W
Mick D
Tim D
Lucy D
Eddie C
Sig E
Olaf S (you owe me confirmation that you've read the basics)
Andrew H
Josef B
Tim O
Martin F
David R
Nigel W
Davy S
Tanya G
Claudine C
Dan B
Ian P - who hails from Reigate. Stick the kettle on, Ian!
Jayne F
Ryan F
Andy W
Andrew B
Daniel P
Kate H
Edmar G
Adam B

theclaud

Openly Marxist
dellzeqq said:
next thing you know Mrs. Bagot, they'll be selling tickets on the internet!

It's true, I tell you! The wheels and I are booked on, and cheaply enough to cushion the disappointment should you get all Health & Safety on us. Will you count me in please, Simon, if the piss-artists-from-the-sticks quota has not already been filled?

Was hoping to bring along everybody's favourite German, but she's got two excuses this time. One about the cold (pah!) and one about probably moving house that weekend (oh alright - fair enough). It's "an SE postcode with that SW feel" apparently. Either that or estate agents are full of shoot. Perish the thought.

Top Bottom