FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 26th February - Brighton 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
theclaud said:
It's true, I tell you! The wheels and I are booked on, and cheaply enough to cushion the disappointment should you get all Health & Safety on us. Will you count me in please, Simon, if the piss-artists-from-the-sticks quota has not already been filled?

Was hoping to bring along everybody's favourite German, but she's got two excuses this time. One about the cold (pah!) and one about probably moving house that weekend (oh alright - fair enough). It's "an SE postcode with that SW feel" apparently. Either that or estate agents are full of shoot. Perish the thought.

But that's OK - you're everyone's favourite germane (or could that be "Germaine"?:smile:) Claudine. :ohmy: :smile:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Aperitif said:
But that's OK - you're everyone's favourite germane (or could that be "Germaine"?:smile:) Claudine. :ohmy: :smile:

you got a long list of winning 'lines' Teef?

I'm booked in with my Trice Q.

As this is my first FNRttC, whats a good ETA for Brighton.
I need ot so I can workout a departure time to book the train back from Brighton at ??

Luck .......... ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Why don't you ride back..

In all seriousness, you wont need to book. Trains to London from Brighton are very regular.

Tigerbiten said:
I'm booked in with my Trice Q.

As this is my first FNRttC, whats a good ETA for Brighton.
I need ot so I can workout a departure time to book the train back from Brighton at ??

Luck .......... ;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
regular and frequent and generally sympathetic train crews. no planned engineering works that weekend iirc.

redjedi

Über Member
You don't need to book a ticket back, but you do get cheaper tickets booking in advance. £5/£7.50 if you buy it now or £14 on the day.

But you will still get the saving if you can get a group discount between 4 people, and there are always lot's of people heading for the train.

But if you want to get a ticket now, I would guess at no-later than 8am to play it safe. Book a ticket after 10am so you have chance to have brekkie and rest, and avoid the huge rush of people in a hurry to get back to the big smoke.

Or just ride back. :tongue:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
redjedi said:
But if you want to get a ticket now, I would guess at no-later than 8am to play it safe. Book a ticket after 10am so you have chance to have brekkie and rest, and avoid the huge rush of people in a hurry to get back to the big smoke.

Or just ride back. :tongue:

Point of order, Luke! Pubs don't open til 11 (unless Ian chats up the bar staff). If Tigerbiten belongs to the bibulous tendency he/she would be foolish to book anything before 1:30.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
and, as any fule kno, one of the best pubs in the city, The Evening Star, is very conveniently located for the station.

redjedi

Über Member
theclaud said:
Point of order, Luke! Pubs don't open til 11 (unless Ian chats up the bar staff). If Tigerbiten belongs to the bibulous tendency he/she would be foolish to book anything before 1:30.

What happened to all these 24hr licenses going around?;)

Perhaps we could take our own. I'll pack a bottle of White Lightening :tongue:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
redjedi said:
Perhaps we could take our own. I'll pack a bottle of White Lightening :tongue:

Stuart, I've noticed, can carry about 4 litres - a talent that is certainly wasted on orange juice...

redjedi

Über Member
A quick switch could be called for at HPC. We'll either end up in Brighton with 4 litres of booze, or a very wobbly Stuart ;)

And to answer my own question, the 24hr license went to the Bulldog. Do you think they'll let in a group of men and women in lycra :tongue:

Top Bottom