FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast 26th March in aid of Martlets Hospice 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
arallsopp said:
Huzzah! Made it to youtube at last.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdFlR3HEkFA

Let's see if this one sticks.

Great video again Andy. I look knackered at the top of the Beacon (more still bloated from slightly overdoing the carb load at the greenhouses I think!!) ....but I wasn't going to race down to Brighton this time anyway, hardly took in the view last month.

redjedi

Über Member
Speicher said:
At approx 7 mins 14 secs into Arallsopp's video, a rider in shorts reaches the top of the hill. Is that you, Davy?

That is Davy in shorts and the blue top. I've never seen Davy wear anything but shorts. I think he has problems getting trousers to fit over his thighs :sad:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
beatleandrew said:
Nice video Andy, and I'm impressed with the cadence up Ditchling Beacon - strong legs or tiny granny wheel?

If you still frame it when the camera crosses over the frame, you'll realise I'm on the middle cog. Little'un hasn't been reachable since Scotland. :smile:

Other than that, gear choice on this ascent was based on a worst case scenario. Hand held camera means no changing en route (and a fair threat from wobbles). :smile:

mike e

Speicher said:
At approx 7 mins 14 secs into Arallsopp's video, a rider in shorts reaches the top of the hill. Is that you, Davy?

It might be Davy, but he could only dream of climbing Ditchling in 7 mins and 14 secs.....:smile:

ih1kcl.jpg

L to R: Luke, Davy, John, Andy, Andrew, Andanother, Rimas.
The meandering return of the SMRbtL allows for facets of intelligence and knowledge to grace the voyage. Also, with Davy (back to camera, thighs relaxed) able to give an Attenborough style appraisal of the natural world, it was only fair that he elucidated - look how seriously the group took his words of wisdom as the dogs approached...

wrmjw5.jpg

As soon as this woman passed by with her Shetland Pony (© Davywalnuts 2010), Dave, our 'robocop' strider, invited the lady to his Saturday Night Rum Club...
Davy went from naturalist to naturist when reposing at the sweet shop stop - did anyone get a photo of that Thai tattoo on his right foot...(Dave?) Or was it just a branding to say "no useable parts inside?"

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
hahahahaha, Aperitif, you crack me up! Still giggle about my canine/horse interlude.. Am really giving the game away here at work that am "Working hard"!

Tall Biker

Thanks to every one involved in organising the ride and for letting the Martlets group join in. We had a great time, hope to do it again Sad the Penny Farthing
dropped out.
Best Regards
Chris.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
had a meeting with Robert and Antonia yesterday. Have been invited on to the Martlets team (in a small, part time way) to, hopefully, build a ride over a period of years.

dellzeqq said:
had a meeting with Robert and Antonia yesterday. Have been invited on to the Martlets team (in a small, part time way) to, hopefully, build a ride over a period of years.

Blimey! Will that mean 'leave of absence' or just leave one's job?

كتاب ألف ليلة وليلة‎ Kitāb 'alf layla wa-layla

'The Thousand and One Nights Ride to the Costa' :biggrin:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Aperitif said:
Blimey! Will that mean 'leave of absence' or just leave one's job?
I plan to do the buildings thing part time, and to do the ride thing part time, and to be a decent husband and stepdad. It may work.

It's fun working out a ride from the close to zero. I'll be running a few ideas in this direction....

Top Bottom