FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast April 15th Manchester to Blackpool 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Miranda, on a properly set up bike it shouldn't be possible to shift the chain off the cassette into the spoke - that's what the stop screw is there to prevent. In the dark, it's impossible to see which gear you're in, so eventually you're going to end up trying to change down into a gear you don't have - I did that several times myself last Friday! You're not to blame.

Good luck with the fracture clinic tomorrow - and it probably is a good idea to ask about what physiotherapy you'll need, else you may not get any!

Thank you so much for that. I am feeling a bit sorry for myself today so your comments are very lifting - as indeed are Teef's!

Tomorrow will be a better day and I will definitely ask for physiotherapy.

M

Miranda, on a properly set up bike it shouldn't be possible to shift the chain off the cassette into the spoke - that's what the stop screw is there to prevent. In the dark, it's impossible to see which gear you're in, so eventually you're going to end up trying to change down into a gear you don't have - I did that several times myself last Friday! You're not to blame.

Good luck with the fracture clinic tomorrow - and it probably is a good idea to ask about what physiotherapy you'll need, else you may not get any!

No - you are Andrew! :rofl:

I gave a donation of course! Also gave lengthy advice to the Corporation cleansing person who wanted to buy a Boardman. I aksed him "why a board man, when he had a perfectly good dustpan?" Luckily, Marcus was on hand to help sing the praises of various bikes to satisfy his requirement, and he left, reassured. (About the only thing in Blakepotl that I do not have a photograph of. :sad:

I thought I saw a fox on the High Street though - did anyone else see one?

Not only is Blackpotl famous for pie plates, it also has its own 'Hire a Bike' scheme. This provides Colnago C50 look-a-likes for all and sundry. It started a year before London's Barclay Bikes, and looks like a neat idea - ideal for negotiating the roadworks everywhere!

amr09c.jpg

I managed to get a picture of Miranda's wheel while I was watching the pit stop crew fix the chain etc, and I was concerned to see a lot of lumpy bits on the end of the spokes. Maybe that could have been a contributory factor?

2d7hlza.jpg

Sorry, my PC is playing up a bit this morning, launching pictures a bit out of synch...
Back to Blackpool Breakfast, and the pool of photos includes one of Quilligans with some 50s rockabilly models in the window, lookin' 'All Shook Up' - as shown here:

fbkj01.jpg

Oh blast! Wrong pic again... I'll try again

11qnxbk.jpg

Ah! That's better. :smile:
Elvis's trousers are modelled on marin's 'distressed look' Ron Hill's!

I managed to get a picture of Miranda's wheel while I was watching the pit stop crew fix the chain etc, and I was concerned to see a lot of lumpy bits on the end of the spokes. Maybe that could have been a contributory factor?

2d7hlza.jpg

Sorry, my PC is playing up a bit this morning, launching pictures a bit out of synch...
Back to Blackpool Breakfast, and the pool of photos includes one of Quilligans with some 50s rockabilly models in the window, lookin' 'All Shook Up' - as shown here:

fbkj01.jpg

Oh blast! Wrong pic again... I'll try again

11qnxbk.jpg

Ah! That's better. :smile:
Elvis's trousers are modelled on marin's 'distressed look' Ron Hill's!

Laughed out loud the moment I read that. Hilarious! Thank you Teef! :rofl: :rofl: :hello:

Do you think that they´re putting Simon´s name on there ?

Simon's name is on everyone's lips.. always, why would he want himself offered as a potential target for doggy-dos ? :rofl:

(I wondered how I would get this in but...) However, I did nearly see Shergar when I was casting an eye around the main drag looking for snaps. Check this out and I think, if you look closely, it nearly looks like THAT horse... Any locals know if they have replaced the fuse / neon yet? :smile:

s1q9tz.jpg

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

Christopher

Über Member
cheeky fuggers! Transport is extra, it isn't covered by the £30...

I nearly signed up to a bhf 100 miler once, until I found out it was down the A4 all the way - yuk who wants to get choked on fumes and deafened by traffic....

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
well the A4 is fine if there are lots of you...........

I wish 'em well, but I hope they put a bit more effort in to organising than they do in to the big London to Brighton ride.

I suppose there's no harm in mentioning now that they're doing a L2B night ride next year with 8,000 riders....which is why the Martlets have to get going on their 2011 edition

thanks to Des for the headsup on the M2B

The television rights to people falling all over the place are only a heartbeat away! FNRttC will sell out to Sky BsB, retaining an 'editorial interest'. Team Rupert will bring in some big names like Alan Sugar - to give the safety talk: "You're fired with determination!" - with Andy Gray and Richard Keys on Tim and Her Majesty's tandem, it is a winner all round. Meanwhile, at the Madeira, Greg, the proprietor, has been given a makeover, the front of his kitchen has been knocked out to allow cameras to wheel in and out with ease. Jamie Oliver breakfasts, luches, teas will greet the riders as they arrive, with a special beach barbecue by Hugh Ditchling-Beaconsthall. Oh yes - the FNRttC is changing. Simon Legg will be in retirement and unavailable for comment, sipping ice-cold Oloroso from his poolside lounger in an architect-designed villa in Madeira.

(You can tell I aint got a telly... :rolleyes:)

Top Bottom