FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Bognor Regis 12th August 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

We're going about this the wrong way.

Balham High Road: A delightful urban descent, mixing it with buses, taxis, Addison Lee drivers and drunken Bright Young Things.
Reigate Hill: An ear popping drop from the heights of the North Downs. Listen in wonder as Dell becomes Harold Shand in his safety talk: "Lads, lads. Be discreet"
Turners Hill to Lindfield. Miles of glorious rural downwardness as the sun comes up. Watch out for tandems achieving Mach 2.
Ditchling Beacon: 70m of descent over 3km. Lets you get your breath back after some climb or other.
That bit into Brighton: Your last chance to set off a speed camera before breakfast.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
We're going about this the wrong way.

Balham High Road: A delightful urban descent, mixing it with buses, taxis, Addison Lee drivers and drunken Bright Young Things.
Reigate Hill: An ear popping drop from the heights of the North Downs. Listen in wonder as Dell becomes Harold Shand in his safety talk: "Lads, lads. Be discreet"
Turners Hill to Lindfield. Miles of glorious rural downwardness as the sun comes up. Watch out for tandems achieving Mach 2.
Ditchling Beacon: 70m of descent over 3km. Lets you get your breath back after some climb or other.
That bit into Brighton: Your last chance to set off a speed camera before breakfast.

Excellent thinking!

redjedi

Über Member
In the meantime... here are some Pics!

Thank you everyone, I had a blast.

M :bicycle:

Nice pics M, and I see you managed to get my good side :tongue:

IMG_2378.JPG

:thumbsup:

Nice pics M, and I see you managed to get my good side :tongue:

IMG_2378.JPG

:thumbsup:

Hahahhahahhaaa! This happens randomly - as you will see from the one below which is supposed to be Arallsopps three year old son on a slide!!

On the other hand - hopefully the other photo of you shows how cooooool you really are!

M :bicycle:

Attachments

• Fastest Slide Rider in the West.jpg
    Fastest Slide Rider in the West.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 66
  • A Cool Red Jedi.jpg
    A Cool Red Jedi.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 61

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
just to repeat - taking the B-road up Bury Hill from Amberley in the daytime is not a good idea - indeed the A29 is a far better idea, despite it being steeper and the tarmac having the consistency of brick rubble.

I am listening to the comments on the cycle path across Tooting Common, and I'm sure we'll do it again - but not for the Martlets ride because we'd need an additional four marshals! And I'm taken aback by the 'didn't think you were coming' thing at Felpham. That's sort of made my mind up.........

Once again, thankyou all for the top-notch attitude in the face of adversity. An inspiration!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
just to repeat - taking the B-road up Bury Hill from Amberley in the daytime is not a good idea - indeed the A29 is a far better idea, despite it being steeper and the tarmac having the consistency of brick rubble.

I am listening to the comments on the cycle path across Tooting Common, and I'm sure we'll do it again - but not for the Martlets ride because we'd need an additional four marshals! And I'm taken aback by the 'didn't think you were coming' thing at Felpham. That's sort of made my mind up.........

Once again, thankyou all for the top-notch attitude in the face of adversity. An inspiration!

Brook Lane, Coldwaltham, Waterfield, Beacon Hill, Bury Hill. Where the crawler lane on the north bound side would provide refuge to the peleton perhaps.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
1446764 said:
You won't catch me out that easily. I am way too much of a snob to shop in Lidl and you can't prove otherwise.

Too posh to loot!

I looted the local 99p shop last week and came away with armfuls worth four quid.

marna

I am glad I sloped off sneezing at the halfway point, because one week later I am STILL coughing and sneezing. Or maybe the rest of the ride would have rained the ill out of me?

Top Bottom