FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast, Brighton 15th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
H

hatler

Guru
Oh yes, the khazis !!

Quite exceptional. Even jazzed up airports in smart places like the UAE don't have this level of sophistication.

I'm sure WC engineers and fitters out from around the world would go out of their way to experience those at, ahem, first hand.

martint235

Dog on a bike
2773465 said:
@Trickedem , your flikr won't let me link the saddest photo in that set. I can't help but think that if only I didn't posess a penis the TECs might have been falling over themselves to help.
You look very buddha and zen like.....

TimO

Guru
Can I ask what your route was from Croydon? The map is too small-a scale.

This is the GPS recording of the route we used (on GPSies). It's been slightly edited to remove the odd noisy bit ie occasionally when we stopped, and at Gatwick, where the buildings always cause problems, but it's essentially accurate for the majority of the ride, and you don't really need a map of our route to the coffee shop at Gatwick. ^_^

OP
OP
H

hatler

Guru
I got round to emptying my pannier yesterday and at the bottom of it was a Cateye light that isn't mine.

Did anyone lose a Cateye light somewhere during the ride, or can anyone remember putting a light in their pannier and it's not there now ?

All slightly odd.

Just let me know and I will return it.

2773568 said:
Oh you do exaggerate, it's only four each way. Oh and apologies all round there. I forgot it is two lanes for the A23 and two for the A27, not one and two. I took us one lane futher than necessary.

No need for apologies, I thought at the time it was a smart move to have us next to the Barrier with cars only able to pass one side of us rather than both.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
And so ends my second year's involvement with the Fridays. I do love these rides. Fantastic night sky.

I have to say that I found the ride down the A23 from Pyecombe to be pretty terrifying. Next time I think I'll follow my cowardly instincts, and pootle down the cycle path.

Having wolfed down an egg bap I set off back, it was the loveliest morning. Back over the Beacon, pause to enjoy the view, then at Haywards Heath I ate some fig rolls and decided it was too nice a day to waste so instead of going to the station I headed back over Turner's Hill, through Godstone, up onto the N Downs then down to Hayes. Shortly before arriving I saw someone riding (if that's the word) an Elliptigo. I would have turned round and ridden with them for a bit out of curiosity, but my legs vetoed the idea of any extra distance.

Thanks to everyone, especially Dellzeqq. Roll on next year.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And so ends my second year's involvement with the Fridays. I do love these rides. Fantastic night sky.

I have to say that I found the ride down the A23 from Pyecombe to be pretty terrifying. Next time I think I'll follow my cowardly instincts, and pootle down the cycle path.

Having wolfed down an egg bap I set off back, it was the loveliest morning. Back over the Beacon, pause to enjoy the view, then at Haywards Heath I ate some fig rolls and decided it was too nice a day to waste so instead of going to the station I headed back over Turner's Hill, through Godstone, up onto the N Downs then down to Hayes. Shortly before arriving I saw someone riding (if that's the word) an Elliptigo. I would have turned round and ridden with them for a bit out of curiosity, but my legs vetoed the idea of any extra distance.

Thanks to everyone, especially Dellzeqq. Roll on next year.

Andrew, should have said, both myself and Eddy cycled back, but over the Dyke.
Would have been happy to accompany you back.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Andrew, should have said, both myself and Eddy cycled back, but over the Dyke.
Would have been happy to accompany you back.

Thanks, I wasn't really sure whether I'd get beyond Hawyard's Heath and whether I would be really slow. My dodgy knee was hurting a bit on the outward ride, but it had calmed down by the Brighton. As it turned out I had no problems. Well, until I hit the 90-100 mile mark when as usual I completely ran out of puff (Eddy has seen this happen). I had to get off and push a bit on Ganger's Hill up onto the Downs.

I should be a bit more vocal about my plans in future.

GuardTwin

Would love to do this, I always driven to Brighton so I only know two main routes which is...well not cycle friendly lol

martint235

Dog on a bike
Come to think of it, it's probably just as well you don't do more waymarking.

That rather presupposes an initial phase of "not being off" someone.
Ooh look, he's awake!!! And it's more fun at the back with the TECs rather than freezing your nuts off stood on a corner in the middle of nowhere.

I was going to point out you can only go off someone once but felt that was uncalled for.

Top Bottom