FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast, Brighton 15th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hatler

Guru
Just back from the ride to Brighton. Cold and crisp but clear skies and quite possibly a first, actually watching the sun rise out of the sea at Brighton.

Super.
A prepared group.
A regular rumble.
Eine Kleine Nachtpunktur (A lack of magnesiumsilicathydrat on the tube...it wasn't even a little 'Schalky', Olaf!)
No proper punctures.
Tecs to die for (no one did)
The moon, the stars and the sun - need any more than that?
Earliest ever regular arrival at Madiera?
Tremendous waymarking by - (I might get this wrong, so please correct me) Fred? and Rob H of course.
Nosh, tea and Southern Railways.
Lovely company.
Must get a move on...big game this afternoon.
Thank you all.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
7AM

1474595_10151812486840958_2138224625_n.jpg

rb58

Enigma
What a smooth, efficient peloton that was! Faff-factor was close to zero and we had the moon, the stars and the sunrise. Perfect. And I got the clothing just right, so I was comfortably warm all night long, although I did start to heat up a bit on the way back.

After breakfast, I headed out to Patcham to visit some friends - 15 years was too long a gap - then I retraced much of our route and trundled my way to Hayward's Heath where I joined what seemed like the whole of Sussex on a train to Croydon. An hour later, it was all over for another year.

Thanks all for your company. Ride safe!

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
From the 'Careless chatter' it sounds like you had a great run and I am sad 'man flu' prevented my involvement.

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
A nice site, and they do look rather fun. Maybe when the legs are working properly again...

U

User10571

Very lucky 26 I reckon.
The ride envy fu is off the scale, here in Forest Hill.

Top Bottom