FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Brighton 3rd August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
now. Think this through. No trains - Southern are using the Olympics as an excuse to chuck us off. I'll be cycling back if need be, but, for me that's relatively easy. For the rest of you it's not so simple - StuAff may be able to take an SWT train up, and he will be able to take a train home from Brighton, but Tim H may struggle to get to the start. On the other hand those of you with folders have nothing to worry about. And I've yet to find out whether FCC are banning bikes.

We can look at hiring a van on for 24 hours and inserting the platform that served so well on the return trip from LonJoG, but we're talking 25/26 singles and perhaps one recumbent

I've talked to Greg, and he understands it will be a small ride.

Susie F (who will find the round trip no trouble at all, however much of a surprise it might be)
Martin T
Anthony Mc
Ian A

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'll be cycling back. It's much less risky for me that way I feel. :whistle: :cheers:

Have they mapped out the banned stations or is it the whole network they are closing down to bikes. When I did the night ride earlier this year, although Brighton was off-limits you could cycle 15 miles up the road to Uckfield or a bit further to Gatwick and you escaped the ban.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
We are contemplating an ambitious ride home.

Excellent... always nice to have company...
More the merrier for the SMRbtH.

Andrij

Über Member
A perfect excuse to finally ride back from Brighton. I haven't been to Brighton in ages. I shall have to give this a miss as I should be someone in southern France by that time.

C'est la vie!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Have they mapped out the banned stations or is it the whole network they are closing down to bikes. When I did the night ride earlier this year, although Brighton was off-limits you could cycle 15 miles up the road to Uckfield or a bit further to Gatwick and you escaped the ban.
I'm pretty sure that bikes are banned from any trains leaving or terminating at Victoria, or going through Kensington Olympia. Which is to say almost all of Southern's trains

Top Bottom