FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Brighton 3rd August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
The Present Mrs Brice concedes she ought to spent with me one week of my six weeks holiday per year. This involves sitting around a house of her choice in France. I will thus, regretfully, be unable to join this ride. And I want it noted that I am resisting the temptation to express my disgust at the way this drug-fuelled nationalistic claptrap is disrupting the lives of people who are paying billions for a bunch of foreigners to swim, run and jump here for two weeks before buggering off and leaving us with a huge bill that will take years to pay off. And if the The Great British Public thinks that Love Of Sport involves watching television, then I am afraid I ...... oh, sorry.

Sketchley

Über Member
I'm in, subject to Mrs Sketchley's approval that is

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Cycling back to home from Brighton for me is actually one I really enjoy. Alas, am on Olympic duties that day and early on the Saturday too, shame.

Have a great one everyone.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Yes please. SWT have to date made no noise whatsoever about banning bikes. I'm pretty sure Southern's ban extends to services along the coast as well, but as I would be intending to ride back, this will only be a problem in the event of a Really Big Headwind. Bigger than Saturday's, in other words....Might finally be taking Chutney out for its first FNRttC and first century in any case.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I was really hoping to do this one - I'd never make the return journey though!
Join Team Slow and you'll be fine.

TMN, why don't you drive part way up to the foot of the North Downs, ride over the hills while you're fresh, then do the FNR, and ride back with Team Slow? Then you get to do most of the ride in company, and don't have to do big hills when you're tired, and don't have to drive so far.

StuartG

slower but further
Provided FCC don't renege on their cycling policy - I shall be making special efforts to reward them with a fare and reminding Southern what they are losing. Judging from my Sunday journeys - the income from cyclists is not negligible.

In retrospect they will probably have seen their draconian policy as an over reaction. A costly one. That's what counts.

IF FCC do renege - I might attempt Ditchling and 60+ miles on a 3 gear Brommie rather doing 120+ miles on a proper bike. It might be easier. Watchafink?

Top Bottom