FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Brighton 3rd August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Likewise. I always come that way and other than The Strand, which can be busy, it's pretty straighforward. (if you're used to cycling in London that is)
I was thinking over London Bridge, down the embankment (busy, but nice and wide and generally well behaved), up Northumberland Avenue, the Mall, Constitution, HPC. The other way is through Southwark to Westminster Bridge

I was thinking over London Bridge, down the embankment (busy, but nice and wide and generally well behaved), up Northumberland Avenue, the Mall, Constitution, HPC. The other way is through Southwark to Westminster Bridge
This is part shut because of the Olympic 'beach' non?

martint235

Dog on a bike
1921122 said:
Southwark Road, Stamford St., right into Cornwall Rd., left onto Upper Ground and Belvedere Rd. Mind the chains and bollards near county hall. Westminster Bridge, Parliament Square, Victoria St. Coffee, sorted.
Yep that's the Southwark route I was thinking of.

Really? Oh furch, I didn't notice anything to that effect. Oh well, the ticket was cheap enough to discard if it turns out to be a Southern one. :angry: It's the 9.49 from Brighton.

If you bought it on the Southern Railways web site, if you haven't picked up the ticket yet, don't forget if you cancel it online before the date on the ticket, then you can get a full refund, under their Money Back Guarantee.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hmmmm - just realise I won't be able to take the loop line to VIC as usual. But, hopefully I will be able to take the Overground (from the same station) to Whitechapel and take the Circle or District to Victoria. Bikes are permitted - no Games restrictions mentioned: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/11701.aspx
I don't think the Overground runs through London Bridge, you'd have to go to New Cross, then Whitechapel, then Victoria. You may as well join the cyclists at London Bridge to HPC.

StuartG

slower but further
I don't think the Overground runs through London Bridge, you'd have to go to New Cross, then Whitechapel, then Victoria. You may as well join the cyclists at London Bridge to HPC.
It runs along the same line from Norwood Junction to New Cross Gate where Southern terminates at LBG while the Overground forks right to link up with the tubes. So people in SE london don't have to bother with LBG (or VIC). Its also an option for any LBGistas to cycle across the bridge and pick up the Circle/District there.

I'll probably do a dry run to checkout any jobworthies - though the only people who control access are at the departure station - which is run by Loral anyway.

wanda2010

Guru
I'm in Team Slow and I've got beer waiting for me at the Roebuck at Richmond Park, if I make it back in time. Does that count? ^_^

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'm in. Haven't decided yet whether to wrench my legs off with Team Fast, fall asleep with Team Slow, join Team Horsham and Guildford on the roads, or create a Team Horsham and Guildford on the Downs Link (on the grounds that falling asleep on a traffic-free path is considerably less of a risk than on the roads).

Top Bottom