FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Brighton 3rd August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dontcallme

I'm in. Worried about the journey back as I'll struggle without some sleep.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Dear Mr Legg

Thank you for your email of 3 July 2012, regarding policy on non-folding bikes during Olympics.

I can confirm that our cycle policy will remain the same during the Games and this information will be given to the Southern staff at Brighton Station. Cycle routes to the Olympic Stadium are also being strengthened as part of the transport strategy.

There are various restrictions attached to the carriage of non-folding cycles but as a general rule, they are not allowed on peak time trains, i.e. those arriving in London between 0700 and 1000 or leaving London between 1600 and 1900. There are other restrictions that apply to our network and you can find out more detailed information from our timetables, our website at www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk or by ringing the Customer Relations Team on 0845 026 4700.

Folding bicycles can be carried on any service at any time provided they are folded before you board the train. The bicycle may be wheeled along the platform and folded before boarding the train. Please note that any lights on the bicycle must be switched off before reaching the platform.

Please be aware that when engineering works are being carried out and a replacement bus service is running we cannot accommodate bicycles. We therefore ask cyclists to check before travelling.

Thanks again for contacting us. If you need any further specific detail about particular journeys then please get back in touch.

Yours sincerely

Ajaykumar Gupta
Customer Relations Advisor

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think we're going to have to purchase FCC only tickets and print out Ajaykumar Gupta's letter for the benefit of these people.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I think we're going to have to purchase FCC only tickets and print out Ajaykumar Gupta's letter for the benefit of these people.
That's a nice idea based on two flawed assumptions

a) Southern Railway staff at Brighton can read
b) Southern Railway staff abide by what FCC staff say (the bit about lights is interesting)
c) Southern Railway staff at Brighton give a flying feck about anything that inconveniences a cyclist

Ok, that's three assumptions. There may be more. ;)

martint235

Dog on a bike
Adrian is an orphan? So am I. We may in that case, be long lost brothers..:ohmy:
Oh dear. Two short people who can be grumpy. It doesn't bode well.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
nest step - find out the name of the top bod at Brighton station
Far too lowly. You need their area manager ?East Coastway or Brighton? or even the head of stations or managing director ime if you actually want a straight answer that carries weight in the real world.

EDIT: rifles through file marked "useless people I never want to waste my time on again" and comes up with

Chris Brooks, Southern’s Head of Stations & (titter ye not) Simon Little, Brighton Station Customer Experience Manager

You know when someone has a customer experience manager the customer experience is pretty shite.

Anyway my school mate reliable informs me that relations between staff and management on Southern are currently so hostile that the very mention of the name of a suit wearer will cause station staff to go into jobsworthery overdrive just for the sport.

PlaceOfSaints

Ok if it is looking like train transportation back to London is possible now I am up for this ride. Hopefully one of the rides I do this summer will be rain free and not have freezing temperatures. If for any reason we end up not being allowed onto the train I will just be forced into my first return ride back to town. Sending email.

Top Bottom