FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton 9th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Although, bizzarely, I saw two gritter lorries out on our roads only yesterday.
They're only out to make the penguins feel at home.

U

User10571

So I was wrong in my earlier brief summation of it being warm rain?

Dang.
I think it'll be fine.
Most readers responses will, I suspect, be referencing the headwind.... rather than the rain....

Last edited by a moderator:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm not cleaning the bike, but I will clean / lube the chain when I get home.
Mightily lubed-up here ... (the chain that is ....).

Zee

Veteran
10C air temp at 15mph supposedly equates to 2C with windchill. Plus wet and visitations might take things to the realm of slightly uncomfortable.

U

User10571

The last time I looked, my character was comprehensively built.
A while ago.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
10C air temp at 15mph supposedly equates to 2C with windchill. Plus wet and visitations might take things to the realm of slightly uncomfortable.

Oh. I'm on the train, my wardrobe having been settled, for good or ill, before work this morning. No overshoes might count as "ill", and three-quarters are seeming less clever than they seemed at 8am. The only thing I can file under "good" is that I reproofed my jacket last night. And as you know, I am not accustomed to headwinds.

Zee

Veteran
15mph...... Ever the optimist @Zee

Quite. Character is currently overbuilt. I blame home cooking.

TC- I have a pair of toe covers which might be as useful as a chocolate fireguard in a downpour but might keep the wind off and trap some warmth depending on how holey your shoes currently are.

PaulRide

Always at opposition
Taking advantage of being temporarily unemployed, I thought I might have a nap before tonight's ride, something I've never managed on past FNRttCs due to having to continue selling my time in six minute units five days a week. But oh no, I decided a better way to prepare for the ride would be to spend the afternoon smashing up the concrete slab in our front garden.

And now I must drive down to sunny Petts Wood (well, it was very sunny at 7pm) and collect an offsprung from band practice. I have checked the timings and I am glad to see that I do not need to collect said offsprung while dressed in night cycling attire. That would be SO EMBARRASSING Dad.

Very much looking forward to seeking peeps at HPC later on.

Top Bottom