FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton August 23rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hah! 2nd Horley. I was a cub there from 1969 to 71, then Scout until 77. The current hut was built from an old army hut from Hobbs' Barracks around 76/77 by the supporters' committee and the Scouts helped (or got in the way, depending on your point of view). I built a simple crane from pioneering poles to help lift the wall sections into place. IIRC you're a bit younger than me. Who was leader when you were there? Roger Harris? Andy Langridge?

Roger was the leader, Andy and Richard Langridge were his assistants along with Rogers wife Carol.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Mind you, there is also this way of getting to Brighton…

Tim Hall

Roger was the leader, Andy and Richard Langridge were his assistants along with Rogers wife Carol.

Hmm. Times move on. Roger is no longer leader. Andy ran it for ages after that, but to keep some consistency he married Carol, who was by then Roger's ex wife. Did you ever go on Easter Venture? Ob cycling: I did my Advanced Scout Standard journey by bike.

I heard rumours of Roger leaving under a bit of a cloud, but didnt know about Carol and Richard marrying!
I went on Easter venture 4 times, really enjoyed it, although the first time I was still only 12 and the others in my group were nearly 2 years older than me, I struggled with that!

Thought I should post this at least before the Southwold ride! Have fun everybody.

MyBlog
MyPhotos

Dawn at Lindfield
IMG_2034.JPG

Caption competition:
IMG_2031.JPG

Top Bottom