FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton August 23rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
61 miles. Three set piece hills, one of which is the horror that goes by the name of the Ditchling Beacon. Halfway stop at the Edifice, breakfast at the Madeira Cafe right on the seafront

I recce'd it this morning and was struck by how much it's improved over the years, particularly at the southern end. It offers the shortest route out of London, the single most intoxicating run of tarmac this side of the Pecos, a bit of adventure in the Horley Badlands and some pretty villages. All this and some really sweet countryside,

Late August is really the best time of year to do the Brighton run - there's enough darkness to make it mysterious, the sun should be up and about by the time we get to Slugwash Lane and it won't be too hot on the Beacon. If we get one of those early morning mists it will be just reward for a life of virtue.

The usual deal - registration is essential, and the start is at Hyde Park Corner at midnight. For the rest go to http://fnrttc.blogspot.co.uk/

Here's the happy list............

Tony P
Angus F
Guy W
Rob P
Jonathan K
Ian F
Richard L
Mark St
Adrian C
Amanda O
Anne M
David P
Stuart A
Andrew By
Andrew C
Charlie M
Susie F
Chris F
Fred S
Angus L
Anne H
John O'L
Thom F
Nigel Cro
Jenny M
Alice C
Luke C
Stan E
Steve D
Charlie B
Robbie F

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Please throw my name on the list, email sent :thumbsup:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Manageable on a three speed with the lowest gearing the equivalent of 46/20?
Depends how fit you are.

I'm semi-tempted to arrive with my 44x17 singlespeed (though don't expect to make it up the beacon if I do).

Can I come please? (email sent)

I have an unused return ticket from London from LEL so this will be a bit more affordable than normal

BromyG

Veteran
Could you add me to the list as well please - email sent! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adrian C
Alice C
Amanda O
Andrew By
Andrew C
Angus F
Angus L
Anne H
Anne M
Charlie B
Charlie M
Chris F
David P
Fred S
Guy W
Ian F
Jenny M
John O'L
Jonathan K
Luke C
Mark St
Nigel Cro
Richard L
Rob P
Robbie F
Stan E
Steve D
Stuart A
Susie F
Thom F
Tony P
Paul D
Marcus C
Geoff S
Kam S

hatler

Guru
Agh ! It's been a complete year's catalogue of FNRttC / family hatler diary clashes.

Family hatler will not be available to provide coffee for this one, and I'm probably not going to be able to make it either.

Gah ! A whole year without a single FNRttC for me. This will be the first whole year mini-hatler and I have missed since our first in 2007.

Expect a gangly ginger haired yob when you see us again in 2014.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Yeah but I'd bet most aren't as fat as me :blush::
Yeah but I'd bet most aren't as fit as you.

And none of them have just done a good part of LEL.

Me, I will be cycling alongside the Danube so will be unable to display my Superb Gilet with London-Edinburgh-London on it...... Nor will I be able to thrill you with tales of derring didn't......

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Agh ! It's been a complete year's catalogue of FNRttC / family hatler diary clashes.

Family hatler will not be available to provide coffee for this one, and I'm probably not going to be able to make it either.

Gah ! A whole year without a single FNRttC for me. This will be the first whole year mini-hatler and I have missed since our first in 2007.

Expect a gangly ginger haired yob when you see us again in 2014.
that's no way to talk about mmmmmartin

Top Bottom