FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton August 23rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Presumably those who like the Beacon (and not chalk tracks, gravel, potholes, and god knows what else) will still have the option of going that way?

absolutely - but some people really don't like the Beacon, and, although the Westmeston Bostall is a walker, they'll probably get up to the top in decent time because it's that much shorter

rich p

ridiculous old lush
yes indeed. Do you think you're hard enough?
Maybe on an mtb but going soft these days! I've run it but not carrying a bike though.
The road up to Streat Hill Farm is tarmacked all the way up to the SDW ridge though. It's directly opposite the end of Streat Lane - albeit steep but do-able on a road bike.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I don't think there'll be anybody riding up the Westmeston Bostall, although they might ride along the top. It's really for those people who detest the Beacon, whether riding or walking.

We're not going through Streat, so the path from Streat would be quite a diversion.

MisterStan

Label Required
I'm confused. Are you saying we can choose to climb the Beacon or take another route? I've not had the pleasure yet and was looking forward to it. We don't have much in the way of hills round here....

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm confused. Are you saying we can choose to climb the Beacon or take another route? I've not had the pleasure yet and was looking forward to it. We don't have much in the way of hills round here....
you can go up the Beacon (which is more correctly called the Ditchling Bostall) or you can go up the Westmeston Bostall. They take you to the same point at the top of the hill

There's not mushroom up the beacon but when the chips are down, you'll be egged on all the way,and sometimes there is a toast at the top with (beware of the rich sauce) a load of has beans. (often Simon and his friend Bev are ages). It's a mad era...:smile:

U

User10571

I always try to compare which has more, the verges of Ditchling Beacon, or the gutters of the Rotherhithe tunnel.

U

User10571

It's clear from both of your replies that neither of you have ever considered where the drains in the Rotherhithe Tunnel lead to...........

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I'd guess they would flow into the southern outfall sewer and get sent to Crossness to be pumped back to river height. There may be some local pumped sumps instead though.

U

User10571

I think that Mcshroom's is a more than reasonable guess.

Top Bottom