FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton July 15th 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the ride isn't open yet, but those of you returning to London might want to consider booking Southern Rail tickets now.

we've got two tickets on the 12.19 to Clapham Junction with reserved bicycle spaces for 90p - that's 45p each. The cheap prices are available until Sunday 29th May. The Southern site is pretty clunky - patience is a must.

thankyou Stuart G for the heads up

Leaving early then? :tongue:

PpPete

Legendary Member
Clunky ?

I think that fat eejit with the green cape (contender for most annoying ad ever) must be on his coffee break.... can't get past square one

rb58

Enigma
I've been stuck in an authentication loop for about 20 minutes. No doubt I'll get to the end to discover I've bought seven tickets instead of just the one I wanted. World's worst website I'd say.

rb58

Enigma
I've been stuck in an authentication loop for about 20 minutes. No doubt I'll get to the end to discover I've bought seven tickets instead of just the one I wanted. World's worst website I'd say.

On balance I think it'll be less effort to cycle back, so I have abandoned my attempts to buy a ticket. Looks like a classic case of the marketers not checking their plans with the operations guys.... Shame.

PpPete

Legendary Member
unbelievably slow....

got almost to the end, then thought, I'll be clever and get the one home from Bognor (Aug) too ....

That turned out to be more expensive (for a shorter distance on the same service) ...... checked it against Trainline and found Trainline to be cheaper for the Bognor one, but not for Brighton....

Back to Southern Railways to buy just the Brighton one..... runtime error.....

wait five and back in - still slow, go through whole process again, to find it's now got two tickets for same journey ....

more waiting to get of rid of one...

but I succeeded! 1.5 hours to buy one ticket.... saved all of £5 over the regular fare ! woop woop !

PpPete

Legendary Member
It's a missed carriage of...just is , Ross

qualifies as your worst ever I think 'teef

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the redoubtable Ms. Barnes has purchased her tickets. I suspect the website realised it was up against a higher power.

hatler

Guru
No need for a train on this one. I think mini-hatler and I will be carring down to Ditchling and then carring back.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Good god. Is that the number of people who have ever appeared on an FNRttC ?
including the Martlets ride, yes. There are a few people on the list for particular reasons (Antonia at the Martlets, for example) but only a very few

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Very slow. But I have six bike reservations on the 13:19, for peanuts. At this rate it's worth buying a few, then we can all swap and barter according to drinking requirements...

Top Bottom