FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton July 15th 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Is this the same Southern Railways that dell thought had a sensible ticket pricing policy?
and getting more sensible by the second!

first class post is free, so, effectively my tickets were about 22p each.

(perhaps I should not be telling srw that Grand Central, one of the other companies I mentioned, is refusing to reserve bike spaces over the phone, and telling me I have to go to the station)

redjedi

Über Member
we've got two tickets on the 12.19 to Clapham Junction with reserved bicycle spaces for 90p - that's 45p each.
I've just been ripped off then!
I've just ordered 4 tickets on the same train to Clapham Junction and had to pay 70p each :tongue:
(1 or 2 of these may be for sale on the Saturday morning)

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Wow! That's some process.

Are you sure you have? It's taken me since nine o'clock this morning until now to buy 7 x 45p tix for the FNRttC to Bognor on August 12th.

Come to think of it - I could've ridden back from Bognor in less time than it has taken to buy the tix
rolleyes.gif

You were right. I couldn't stop. Cheap tickets are addictive. I now have four for the 14:19 from Brighton after the Newhaven ride...

You were right. I couldn't stop. Cheap tickets are addictive. I now have four for the 14:19 from Brighton after the Newhaven ride...

I know what you mean! I got -

post Newhaven FNRttC in July:

• 4 x 22/07/2011, 11.30 departure Newhaven Harbour - Clapham Junction @ 45p each. 2 or 3 may be for sale on the day.
  • 2 x 22/07/2011, 14.19 departure Brighton - East Croydon @ £5 each. This is Plan A for myself [ :hello: TC], which if it comes to pass, then all 4 of the Newhaven tickets will be available... and it's possible that 1 of the Brighton tickets may also be available on the day... too complicated?!
post Bognor FNRttC in August:

• 4 x 13/08/2011, 10.56 departure Bognor Regis - Clapham Junction @ 45p each. 2 or 3 may be for sale on the day.
And as already stated, the Southern Rails website is no picnic. Phew.

:hello: A small but select group is already working on the Brighton Rehydration Plan...

Yup, I know - and am counting on it!:thumbsup:

frank9755

Cyclist
I think we need a special thread of its own for people who get rather too much pleasure than is good for them or normal from buying more railway tickets than they either need or could possibly use, but try to pretend that it is something to do with cycling.

The thread should go somewhere like 'Commuting' as we don't have a section called 'Hades' yet.

I think we need a special thread of its own for people who get rather too much pleasure than is good for them or normal from buying more railway tickets than they either need or could possibly use, but try to pretend that it is something to do with cycling.

The thread should go somewhere like 'Commuting' as we don't have a section called 'Hades' yet.

As in "Hey Des, stop showing off stomping up that hill on your fixie" or "Ha des, you'll not do it a fourth time." Anyone got a spare ticket? (No idea what this is all about but I usually buy three or so, for fun...) I predict a trackside fire which will entail a replacement bus service, for one of the chosen days that you greedy lot have bought ticks for, followed by a derailment of this thread...

Top Bottom