FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton July 15th 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
And I need a rant ... watching you folks overdose on 45p tickets whilst the Southern Railway launched a personal vendetta on me.

Spent the whole day trying to PAY 45p. No problem with the CC authorisation - just SR wouldn't except it. Four different CC & 3 different Debit Cards across three people on two accounts through 4 different computers at two locations. All the same failure point.

The only common factor was the billing address. Never had a problem with the stored cards countless times before ...

So if anybody does have a spare from Bognor I will gladly exchange it for a pint in Felpham or wherever ...

...to be (in train)*

* otherwise known as 'in loco parinthesis'

U

User10571

Perhaps this thread should be renamed the Southern Rail ticket sale thread and a new one opened for the ride.

A good point.

While we're here, I've just had this from the Southernrail site, for about the numpteenth time today:

Sorry, card payment has been unsuccessful, please check your details

For the umpteenth time today.

TBH I think Southernrail have surpassed the facilities available to them / their customers.

I've time on my hands and, thankfully, I've had other stuff to do today while the Babbage machine did its thing.

But over 8 hrs of monitoring of your website Southern?

No ta.

As above - Back to the OT..

frank9755

Cyclist
Perhaps this thread should be renamed the Southern Rail ticket sale thread and a new one opened for the ride.

Good idea.

There could also be a thread for people who have enough deadlines in their lives already and like to just rock up and get on a train when they feel like it and don't mind paying a premium for the privilege!

clivedb

Guru
Just booked 3 tickets plus bikes for 90p each :biggrin: .

Thanks for that, John. I succeeded with Bognor tickets last night but could get nothing from Brighton - success this morning though after your encouragement to wrestle with the website again.

StuartG

slower but further
Cracked the 'payment unsuccessful' issue which wasted my day yesterday. It won't process bookings under £1. As soon as I bought multiple, no problem.

Would have been nice if they had said that ...

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Cracked the 'payment unsuccessful' issue which wasted my day yesterday. It won't process bookings under £1. As soon as I bought multiple, no problem.

Would have been nice if they had said that ...
I can only refer m'learned friend to The Case of The 45p Tickets above. I'm sure that 90p is the smallest sum I've ever paid with a debit card.

Just booked 3 tickets plus bikes for 90p each :biggrin: .
Do you not have a Network Card? It would have cut the cost to 60p each!

StuartG

slower but further
I can only refer m'learned friend to The Case of The 45p Tickets above. I'm sure that 90p is the smallest sum I've ever paid with a debit card.
Ah, so you have a cheapskate CC?
Tried 4 credit cards, 3 debit cards. All failed on a total transaction of 45p. Made it up to £1.15 et voila!

Is it a tradition to take the train back? :tongue:

Some riders are rendered helpless after attending the post-ride debrief, Arnold. Positives and negatives are brought to the fore and discussed around the table. As a serious cyclist yourself, you will know how important it is for rehydration to take place, particularly in the elderly riders. Overemphasis can, however, lead to temporary disorientation, in which case, a quiet rest on a train provides the perfect interlude...

...buying tickets is a more important custom in England - like stamp collecting, I suppose. :smile:

;)

Top Bottom