FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton July 15th 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Some riders are rendered helpless after attending the post-ride debrief, Arnold. Positives and negatives are brought to the fore and discussed around the table. As a serious cyclist yourself, you will know how important it is for rehydration to take place, particularly in the elderly riders. Overemphasis can, however, lead to temporary disorientation, in which case, a quiet rest on a train provides the perfect interlude...

...buying tickets is a more important custom in England - like stamp collecting, I suppose. :smile:

;)

Surely you mean "tired and emotional", 'Teef?

I show no emotion, particularly when tired.

frank9755

Cyclist
IMAG0131.jpg

Just in case anyone was interested.

Does it start early enough...?

Christophe

I'm not sure it's open yet Christophe

(although if it is can I add my name too :whistle:)

It's OKAY! :angry:
I shall be BACK on WEDNESDAY!!... Raaar...

:tongue:

(btw, total failure of getting anything booked with Southern before yesterday's deadline, their website was runningly shockingly sloooww). :angry: :angry: :angry:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
That depends on what you mean by early enough. If you mean so that one can avoid wasting one's life on yellow beer of lowly standard, I doubt it.

Are you re-writing history? As I recall, last time in Brighton, there were many refugees from the hideous "brown stuff" who were clamouring to reach the Promised Land of Yellow Beer.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
while we're waiting for the thread proper to start up, perhaps it's time to reflect on this

http://www.addiscombe.org/club-run/ In 2007, our clubrun became the largest in the UK, with 122 riders!

who's going to tell them?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I was one of them. It was a lesser of two evils though. Yellow beer has a narrower range than brown. Its bottom end is a bit above the worst brown but its top end falls short of the best brown.*

There is, of course, an alternative - black beer is, for some, palatable, and has a very narrow range.

And if you're in North-Eastern France or Belgium, biere blanche is often a very acceptable alternative to biere blonde - and if you're lucky biere brune is also available.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it's not the beer, it's the company. I can honestly say that the 'brown beer' tasted as good as any - and far better than most. And it was your happy smiling faces that made it taste so good.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I now declare this ride open for registrations. Sadly, Susie will miss this one!

Christophe P
Marcus C
Tim H
Anne H
Frank P
Adrian C
Stuart G
John E
Andrij B
Jenny M
Martin F
Luke C (I'll add friends as they pitch up with the dosh)
Dan B

Top Bottom