FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Brighton July 15th 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Is it just me with the mental image of multiple TCs in the style of Agent Smith?

I was thinking more Smurf than Smith?

smurfs.jpg

clivedb

Guru
I now declare this ride open for registrations. Sadly, Susie will miss this one!

Yes, please, Simon

We'll miss Susie - sounds like work is getting in the way...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Apparently her flight has had to be delayed because there are no pilots. Because all the tickets for the trains that the pilots would need to use to get to and from the airport have been bought up by speculators.
whistling.gif

Ahem! By "speculators" do you mean cyclists so selfless that they are prepared to endure the Southern Railways server timewarp not just for themselves but on behalf of unspecified fellow cyclists who don't even know yet that they need a ticket? And when they do realise that they need a ticket, they might just be very glad that they weren't unforgivably facetious to the person with four or five spares....

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Christophe P
Marcus C
Tim H
Anne H
Frank P
Adrian C
Stuart G
John E
Andrij B
Jenny M
Martin F
Luke C (I'll add friends as they pitch up with the dosh)
Dan B
Rob H (from Ditchling)
mini-Hatler (from Ditchling)
Greg C (en route)
Clive B
Claudine C
Pete L
Miranda S
Eric B (who did score some cheap train tickets)
Martin B (who hasn't)
Chris B
Adam B
Stuart A
Andrew B

PpPete

Legendary Member
I have a ticket home from Brighton.... no bike reservation, they don't seem to offer it on my route, but as the ticket is not for a particular timed service it don't matter.

So - Dell, could you put my name down on the list please. As I'm still something of a noob at this, might one enquire as to what qualifies this ride as being "Genteel" ? Do we have to dress in our posh frocks ?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I have a ticket home from Brighton.... no bike reservation, they don't seem to offer it on my route, but as the ticket is not for a particular timed service it don't matter.

So - Dell, could you put my name down on the list please. As I'm still something of a noob at this, might one enquire as to what qualifies this ride as being "Genteel" ? Do we have to dress in our posh frocks ?
it's simply that it's a little less frenetic at the front - most of our faster riders are away at the Dynamo. We're not in a rush.

StuartG

slower but further
it's simply that it's a little less frenetic at the front - most of our faster riders are away at the Dynamo. We're not in a rush.
Ahem - I'll be in a slight rush. Being at the back of the queue for 45p tickets I have to be returning by 9.49am unless anyone wants to play ticket swapshop (senior + bike reservation to VIC).

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think that the ride will arrive at more or less the same time - but there'll be less of that harum-scarum zipping along at the front. I tend to wander up and down the line, engaging people in conversation.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I now declare this ride open for registrations
Thank god for that. I had to read umpteen posts about train tickets before i realised the ride wasn't even open. Now it is.

Simon, please can you add my name to the list?

I'm too exhausted and frightened to go near the website for buying a ticket yet awhile.

Top Bottom