FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Burnham-on-Crouch 26th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Ian's info regarding the lack of direct service from B-o-C to LST is correct.
There is a ferry over to Wallasey Island, but the guy who operates it, Mark, is a schoolteacher so his ability to run it is restricted to running it during school hols and at weekends.
I've no idea how he operates 'out of season' - which this ride may be.
If you're thinking of using it it'd probably be sensible to give him a call on 07949 940 297. (He has always returned my calls, when I've left a message).
That'll give you access to the usual train services from Southend (after cycling a further 10 miles or so)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Ian's info regarding the lack of direct service from B-o-C to LST is correct.
There is a ferry over to Wallasey Island, but the guy who operates it, Mark, is a schoolteacher so his ability to run it is restricted to running it during school hols and at weekends.
I've no idea how he operates 'out of season' - which this ride may be.
If you're thinking of using it it'd probably be sensible to give him a call on 07949 940 297. (He has always returned my calls, when I've left a message).
That'll give you access to the usual train services from Southend (after cycling a further 10 miles or so)
Great information there, User10571. Thanks.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm lounging against the machine at Cadogan Hall Saturday night, so probably not sensible to do this one.

Yes please.

you have mail Simon - pass obtained. Looking forward to it.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Gary J
Thom F
Ian M
Ian At
Martin T
Martin B
Ross C
Chris B
Sahar
Miranda S
Charlie B
Nick L
Sonia W
Stuart G
Susie F

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
2063384 said:
Yes please, proper e-mail in the ether.
Is there a ferry across to Wallasea Island for a return variation.
Adrian, see User10571's and Ian's posts up above (posts 15 and 17?). I haven't contacted the ferryman yet to find out whether it will be working.

kimble

Veteran
Short and flat. Probably cold. This could be a good one to do on three wheels...

*goes to send email*

Top Bottom