FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham near Bognor 22nd April 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Having done one ride i think i will go a little less prepared next time (no back pack).

I hope to see you all on another ride and on the Sunday sessions in London.

Gareth

Glad you enjoyed it. I've often used a rucksack myself, and invariably had to suffer a load of 'old women' moaning about it, like it was on their back and not mine. Now I've joined the Carradice owners' club, I'm getting less flak.
RE kit: Simon's list on the blog pretty much covers it, I'd suggest spare batteries are a good idea just in case. But cake is always welcome, our leader may complain about people bringing it but it doesn't stop him eating it! :smile:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Many thanks to Simon once again. The temperature at 2am was surprisingly low, and I was friggin freezin
cold.gif
. Here is a link to my pix on Flickr - not a patch on those of others, who actually made an effort whereas I simply took pix when i could and concentrated on keeping up with the ride.
Please feel free to copy/download/view, etc as you see fit. I have edited the permissions so you should be able to do so without let or hindrance.

http://bit.ly/hjmOvs

The most memorable image of the night for me was at a roundabout as we started to cross - the sight of a tiny, small, little miniature Simon
bravo.gif
standing in the middle of the road, all alone and armed only with his bike
ohmy.gif
, hand up in the air to stop 20 tonnes of thundering Sainsbury lorry
icon_evil.gif
as it came hurtling round the corner. It was pretty obvious what was going to happen: someone was going to blink first. It wasn't Simon
thebiggrin.gif
. The lorry stopped in a fit of air brakes. We crossed safely.
mellow.gif

Oh, and Frank9755 - sorry to miss you. The breakfasts were huge, with chips. And
vishenka_34.gif
I sat in the sun.
dirol.gif
cheers.gif

StuAff

Morning

I finally remembered I had a CycleChat account and, even though I'm supposed to be hard at work painting the flat, I thought I'd stop by for a few mins.

Thanks for all the chat on the ride. I had a lovely time and surprised myself by not walking up any of the 'gradients'! Go me :biggrin:

Arundel Castle was lovely to look at and, I have to say, I was tempted to get on a train at Horsham. That thought lasted a few seconds though :whistle:

I'll through this thread and gawp at the pics later tonight.

Have alovely Sunday everyone!

Painting? No, posting on here's more important! :smile:
Well done, again, with the climbs. Ditchling awaits ;)

Glad you enjoyed it. I've often used a rucksack myself, and invariably had to suffer a load of 'old women' moaning about it, like it was on their back and not mine. Now I've joined the Carradice owners' club, I'm getting less flak.
RE kit: Simon's list on the blog pretty much covers it, I'd suggest spare batteries are a good idea just in case. But cake is always welcome, our leader may complain about people bringing it but it doesn't stop him eating it! :smile:

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the Friday Night do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok. {whips out tyre lever} Huh?

Stu - from dustbin to packing case - an improvement. :smile:

Robert+De+Niro+18453821_w434_h_q80.jpg

StuAff

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the Friday Night do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok. {whips out tyre lever} Huh?

Stu - from dustbin to packing case - an improvement. :smile:

Robert+De+Niro+18453821_w434_h_q80.jpg

Dustbin? Packing case? Finest German and British luggage engineering, don't you know!! Just because you choose to cram your jersey pockets with all the gear instead of sticking it in a bag doesn't mean everyone else has to ;)

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I never really know what to say on these threads. The two back to back FNRs mean two very long rides already this proper cycling season. It was good being able to be able to hang around for a few hours after arrival with the London Crew. Thanks for a good ride.

Dustbin? Packing case? Finest German and British luggage engineering, don't you know!! Just because you choose to cram your jersey pockets with all the gear instead of sticking it in a bag doesn't mean everyone else has to ;)

I agre Stu - I can do baggy without any clothes on... all the merde I tote around (don't forget the tri-bag and saddle pack) really spoils my couture line.
I'll never get to the wedding at this rate. :cry:

PS. I'm rather taken by the 'Friday Night Fascinators' - those bandana / buff thingys that either make one look like either Johnny Depp or Hilda Ogden. Shall we have a fashion show one time? :smile: I think I'd score max points with the marinyork 'full-face visor' look, don't you?

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
PS. I'm rather taken by the 'Friday Night Fascinators' - those bandana / buff thingys that either make one look like either Johnny Depp or Hilda Ogden. Shall we have a fashion show one time? :smile: I think I'd score max points with the marinyork 'full-face visor' look, don't you?

Don't forget the tail light helmet array that came through HPC a little before the off. That would be a clear winner in my world. :smile:

Camera looks to have survived the bumps there and back, so there *WILL* be a video on the way. Domestics to take care of first, so will just stop in to say "Fantastic ride (thanks Simon), awesome accomplishments (especially you, miss vintagesteel), and great photos (particularly the sword and shield one 'teef.)

Back soon.

Andy.

Don't forget the tail light helmet array that came through HPC a little before the off. That would be a clear winner in my world. :smile:

Camera looks to have survived the bumps there and back, so there *WILL* be a video on the way. Domestics to take care of first, so will just stop in to say "Fantastic ride (thanks Simon), awesome accomplishments (especially you, miss vintagesteel), and great photos (particularly the sword and shield one 'teef.)

Back soon.

Andy.

Hey Andy - call home, quick! :biggrin: Great to see you. :hello:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation

Well in Manchester it was needed as my chin was getting cold before blackpool otherwise I might not have made it. In Bognor I might have melted.

Wasn't Adrian wearing a bandana anyway? Surely that means it is fine.

So glad I wasn't the only one looking ever so slightly longingly at Horsham station then..... Glad I didn't give in though.

Tim, sorry for the big grumpy face in the middle of your cafe photo - it tends to be my default expression!

To add to the memorable moments - that ten seconds out in the lanes where it sounded like a bull was treating a man very very badly certainly woke me up....

weirdest moment for me was pootling along in between groups, singing along in my head to I started something I couldn't finish by the Smiths, when I replaced the "hair brushed and parted" line with "pre-talced and mighty" and realising that it fit so well that it was stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Top Bottom