FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham near Bognor 22nd April 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Who is he? Presumably not Trikeman, but can't see the buff connection - unless you think he's been swiping them...?

I think he's implying that the evidence for the prosecution makes up in satisfaction for what it lacks in rigour...

Eurygnomes

What are the chances of meeting The Claude on a train heading west en route to Hereford!? That's the second prompt of the day I've had to remind me to get back into The Fridays... It must've been a beautiful ride to bognor, guys. Were it not for pesky kids (in the family), I'd have lives to have joined you!

Going to check calendar and pressure the visiting parent to inform me of her itinerary right now.

See you soon.

Dan B

Disengaged member
[QUOTE 1338151"]
Watching them pour the lager was a Laurel and Hardy sketch, bless them.[/quote]
It was indeed, and worth the price of the pint in itself (a less charitable soul would add that this is good because the beer wasn't, really). Zeno's Paradox in liquid form: given that each attempt at pouring beer into the glass nets half as much beer as the previous one, how long will it take to fill?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
What are the chances of meeting The Claude on a train heading west en route to Hereford!?

Pretty high in peak FNRttC season! My last FNRttC encounter at Newport was the sight of Wowbagger throwing some shapes on the opposite platform. I must say the Eurygnomes was conducting herself with considerably more decorum...

You missed a corker this time, 'Nomes!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Martin, she's waiting for an answer...!

Strangely enough on the Frankly Ridiclous rides home, you're rarely there...... :whistle:

I just felt slightly shamed when she pulled up alongside me and asked if I was staying for a beer for my mate's birthday and I had to say no. Maybe Hastings, Brighton, Brighton, Dover???

theclaud

Openly Marxist
It was indeed, and worth the price of the pint in itself (a less charitable soul would add that this is good because the beer wasn't, really). Zeno's Paradox in liquid form: given that each attempt at pouring beer into
the glass nets half as much beer as the previous one, how long will it take to fill?

I'm looking forward to explaining away my next disgraceful post-ride performance by noting the theoretical impossibility of ever consuming a pint of beer...

frank9755

Cyclist
Strangely enough on the Frankly Ridiclous rides home, you're rarely there...... :whistle:

Yes, I've only ever done the one return trip, though I am planning a little ride out to next month's (second) one - if you fancy extending it a bit....

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Yes, I've only ever done the one return trip, though I am planning a little ride out to next month's (second) one - if you fancy extending it a bit....

Is this "little" and "bit" from the Unkraut school of smidges, tads and soupcons? As in Leopold of Belgium was a little inconsiderate?

frank9755

Cyclist
It was indeed, and worth the price of the pint in itself (a less charitable soul would add that this is good because the beer wasn't, really). Zeno's Paradox in liquid form: given that each attempt at pouring beer into the glass nets half as much beer as the previous one, how long will it take to fill?

At that rate it sounds like it might have taken almost as long to get served as it did when we went to All Bar One the other week when time spent queuing at the bar was from 20-30 minutes.

frank9755

Cyclist
Is this "little" and "bit" from the Unkraut school of smidges, tads and soupcons? As in Leopold of Belgium was a little inconsiderate?

Oh dear - there I was thinking I was being original and find someone's beaten me to it!

It's definitely a little ride as there are only four of us on it, so far. Unless Martin might be up for the challenge, of course...! Also, it's not the longest ride I'm meant to be doing that week...

Yes, I suppose it was a bit like beer. Not a lot, but a bit. Luckily, given the company and the sunshine, I'm quite happy drinking listening to any old shite. :biggrin:

Totally fixed for you, dearest! :wub: :rofl:

It was ok. I seem to remember Luke's girlie order of four and a half pints of lager taking about 3/4 of an hour, by which time he'd aged immeasurably :rolleyes: and my three and a half pints of beer flavour taking much less time. (?Although much less than a pint, perhaps.
Nice of them to put on such a show I thought.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Oh dear - there I was thinking I was being original and find someone's beaten me to it!

It's definitely a little ride as there are only four of us on it, so far. Unless Martin might be up for the challenge, of course...! Also, it's not the longest ride I'm meant to be doing that week...

Me? Challenge? Never!!! Ok how far and how quick? And can I bring Andy and Ian although they may not like the pace :whistle:

Top Bottom