FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast in aid of Martlets Hospice 3rd September 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
apologies O'ster!

there were no further mechanical problems after Mitcham.

Given the nature of the BSOs I think we got off lightly.

At my marshalling point on Broadbridge Lane, I did have one rider come along with a slow puncture, but as he didn't want it fixed there, I gave him a blast of CO[sub]2[/sub] to get him on his way to the school, so that he could sort it out in the light.

Eurygnomes

Awwwww, I've finally gotten around to reading the ride reports from this one (about to head over to the Whitstable thread now). It sounds like it must've been a stupendous night, what an achievement to all those who completed (and it looks as though, what, 3/350 didn't? Pretty good going, I'd say - with my mad maths skillz). The bit through south london sounds faaaast! :smile: Some super photos too - the misty ones are very fairy tale!

Nice one marshalls and leader! Congratulations!!!

Fanjio

Dear god, I've only just noticed that's a pig! I always thought it was the underside of a shark swimming toward the top left corner :wacko::blush::eek:

Claudine thanks for the help I've seen your pictures and they are very good. It was a great ride sorry I did not see you at the end but after breakfast I caught the 8.40am train back to Redhill to get some beauty sleep before curry night out and early morning Sunday 25ml TT!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Awwwww, I've finally gotten around to reading the ride reports from this one (about to head over to the Whitstable thread now). It sounds like it must've been a stupendous night, what an achievement to all those who completed (and it looks as though, what, 3/350 didn't? Pretty good going, I'd say - with my mad maths skillz). The bit through south london sounds faaaast! :smile: Some super photos too - the misty ones are very fairy tale!

Nice one marshalls and leader! Congratulations!!!

2.1/350. The one who crashed out was technically in Brighton when she came off :biggrin:

mangaman

Dear god, I've only just noticed that's a pig! I always thought it was the underside of a shark swimming toward the top left corner :wacko::blush::eek:

rusky - that is odd!

I've stared at TC's pig for ages and I can't for the life of me see an upside down shark. I hope you don't do a lot of SCUBA diving :whistle:

It's almost got potential as a thread - misunderstood Avatars.

Citybabe identified mine straight away, although she is probably in a minority.

My finest hour Avatar identifying-wise was spotting one of Dell's ever changing faces as Hristo Stoichkov.

mangaman

I have no question or observation. I just felt that phrase deserved looking at in isolation.

Now now.

My motives were purely innocent. I've never known anyone mistake a pig for an upside down shark before - these things only happen once in a lifetime.

I did wonder if it was like one of those magic puzzle things that if you stare at long enough it turns into a 3D image or something.

It didn't - it's still a pig.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I have no question or observation. I just felt that phrase deserved looking at in isolation.

:biggrin:

Mangaman is on to something with the Misunderstood Avatars, though. There are quite a few it's difficult to make sense of. Bonj used to get quite het up about it, I seem to remember...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Now now.

My motives were purely innocent. I've never known anyone mistake a pig for an upside down shark before - these things only happen once in a lifetime.

I did wonder if it was like one of those magic puzzle things that if you stare at long enough it turns into a 3D image or something.

It didn't - it's still a pig.

Definitely a shark. Must be the B&H ozone

TimO

Guru
... I've stared at TC's pig for ages and I can't for the life of me see an upside down shark. ...
I can see the shark, you need to not look at the details too much, but there is a shark there.

I don't think Bob is too open to any confusion, but I could swop over to my YACF Avatar which is probably more open to misidentification (although not easily):

YACF_Sock_Avatar.jpg

ChrisKH

Guru
+1 Rusky's comment; I see the underside of a shark first, a pig on reflection. A bit like the shadow outline picture of a hag/lady.

Potentially sub-conscious as tc is something of a shark waiting to pounce in P&L. ;)

theclaud

Openly Marxist
+1 Rusky's comment; I see the underside of a shark first, a pig on reflection. A bit like the shadow outline picture of a hag/lady.

Potentially sub-conscious as tc is something of a shark waiting to pounce in P&L. ;)

Do sharks pounce? I don't think so...

Top Bottom