FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast Manchester to Blackpool 15th April 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Do you have times in mind for the returns from Blackpool for either of these?

At a slight tangent, do you have similar dates in mind for Cardiff - Swansea?

on the 28th of March my ticket from Blackpool is open, but I have a reservation from Preston to London at 19.05, so I think I will probably take the 18.29 from Blackpool

on the 2nd April I've got a reservation for the 08.45 from Blackpool to Manchester, the 10.27 from Manchester to Birmingham and the 12.30 Virgin train from Birmingham to Euston.

As for Swansea to Cardiff (ahem) I await news from our Correspondent From The Valleys - but there's no rush. Booking won't open for another three or four weeks.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
on the 28th of March my ticket from Blackpool is open, but I have a reservation from Preston to London at 19.05, so I think I will probably take the 18.29 from Blackpool

on the 2nd April I've got a reservation for the 08.45 from Blackpool to Manchester, the 10.27 from Manchester to Birmingham and the 12.30 Virgin train from Birmingham to Euston.

As for Swansea to Cardiff (ahem) I await news from our Correspondent From The Valleys - but there's no rush. Booking won't open for another three or four weeks.

Sorry Zeqq I didn't know the ball was in my court right now - I thought we were still arguing about prevailing winds! Just say the word and whatever-comes-next shall be done. I'm not quite sure what order you do everything in. I have a halfway(ish) stop who seems pretty keen and I think is suitable, positive noises but nothing firmer from a destination cafe, and quite a few people interested. I have an idea about route, but I'm sure you'll want to pontificate more on that. As for recce rides, just give me the dates and they'll be in the diary. Recruitment can be stepped up any time, though I think a few will melt away at any mention of insurance....

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'd like to join you on the 1st/2nd April - Hopefully I can sneak out after putting the kids to bed, and be back home before lunchtime :smile:

TimO

Guru
I'm toying with the idea of doing this ride, but rather than using Simon's approach of a train to B'ham New Street (which I think also requires a change at Preston), and then B'ham Snow Hill to Marylebone, it looks like it's about the same cost to take the train back to Manchester Piccadilly, and then get a train to London, but it's quite a bit faster (although there are only limited possible trains from Manchester to London on a Saturday morning).

Alternatively, I could always drive to Manchester, and then get the train back from Blackpool, possibly with a snooze in a motel before I leave for the journey back to That London.

My last experience of driving back to London, after a night ride in Yorkshire (not a FNRttC), was a little bit iffy from a not-falling-asleep-whilst-driving point of view. :eek:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
My last experience of driving back to London, after a night ride in Yorkshire (not a FNRttC), was a little bit iffy from a not-falling-asleep-whilst-driving point of view. :eek:

You drove all the way back to London after that ride! I struggled to get back to Rotherham I was that tired.

(I was also so tired that I forgot I'd packed Pro Plus tablets in case I got tired
blush.gif
)

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
can northerners join in? if so i'd like to come.

TimO

Guru
You drove all the way back to London after that ride! ...

Three cans of Redbull, and a couple of cat naps en-route, but I wasn't really in that good a state, and it was only because the roads aren't really all that busy late on Saturday / early on Sunday that I didn't come off worse.

It's probably not a good idea to do that again! I'd offer a lift to someone (whose job it would be to talk at me for several hours!), but I've only got one bike carrier on my roof rack.

sparty69

Surely this is a Southern invasion of the North and therefore they are the ones who require passports, not us northerners.:biggrin: ;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Damn! My idiot boss has just announced a department piss up in Manchester on Friday 15th!

Hmmm.... (sound of brain cog wheels ticking) I might be able to eat light, stay sober and leave my bike in a colleague's hotel room for the evening, dash back there and change then ride to Piccadilly.....

Top Bottom