FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast, Manchester to Morecambe 1st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
It's 12 months since Alan passed away.
By coincidence, I rode to Whitefield along part of the route that that FNRttC took.
I'd been thinking about this anniversary for a few weeks previously, but I only put the route I was taking and the anniversary together as I got to the outskirts of Prestwich.
The rest of the ride was a mixture of sadness mixed with smiles at some of the memories from when I'd ridden with Alan.

I'm particularly thinking of Marj, Si, Emily and family today.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Last Friday a few of us rode up to Bury on behalf of the Fridays to leave flowers for AlanS/jogler.
Ordinarily we'd have stopped on the Manchester FNRttC to remember him but we're not doing the rides at the moment so we picked the nearest Friday to the anniversary.
We'll always remember him and, as always, our thoughts are with Marj, Si, Emily and the rest of Alan's family and friends.

Thanks to @Helenb for the picture.

Attachments

• 20-07-31 Flowers for Alan.jpg
    20-07-31 Flowers for Alan.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 11

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I've had a private message exchange on yACF with Marj, Alan's wife.
Here's what she said (quoted with her permission):-

"Hello Andrew

I didn't realise that flowers were laid each year on the anniversary of his death, I must admit that I shed a few tears at that realisation. I'm just so touched that this still happens, I can't thank you and The Fridays enough. Alan left a large hole in our lives which will never be filled, we all miss him so much.

On a brighter note, I hope you are keeping well.

Take care and thank you.

Marj x "

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
We should continue if we can, and keep her informed, if possible.
As long as I lead the MCR-> coast rides through Bury, we'll stop to remember Alan.
I hope to lead them for many more years yet.
If the route changes and we don't go through Bury, I'll organise a ride up there anyway to leave flowers.

Top Bottom