FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend on Sea 7th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wish we could be with you all. Hope you have a splendid ride to go out in style.

Hope to join you for drinks. What's the ETA for ABO?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I thought her name was Nienke - The backpack did seem a touch excessive

14582094261_63dcc2c325_z.jpg

One of Stuaff's relations?

TimO

Guru
Right, I'll be off in a short while. Hopefully I've got everything important packed and enough clothes on. :smile:

thom

____
Oh $h!t
Will we ever know?
What's in the bag, Stu
You'll have to dream User10571 - still time for a quick snooze ?

Tim Hall

OK.
As this is turning into reminiscence central - who remembers Morag?
Morag with the tent, the sleeping bag, and strawberries (or was it raspberries) for everyone?
I remember her I think. Or at least I recall pacing a lady with lots of luggage up Ditchling Beacon.

TimO

Guru
The ride was going well, a mild and dry night, when I had a puncture just outside of Basildon. That was almost sorted, but when I was tightening up the Allen key style quick release skewer, it sheared off. Aperitif managed to unscrew the end, and reversed, it was just enough to tighten the axle in the drops.

I decided that out would have been too risky to try and continue like that, so I'm currently sat on Laindon Station, waiting for a train back to London, after very gingerly cycling a couple of miles. It did make one horrible graunching sound, so I think this was the right decision.

Rather annoyingly, this is the first FNRttC which I haven't completed, in seven years! :sad:

Top Bottom