FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend on Sea 7th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life

I just had another look at @arallsopp's ingenious videos, which instantly hooked me. This is the one from my first FNRttC, London to Brighton. Years later, after the first Morecambe ride, @dellzeqq told me it was the wettest FNRttC on record. I was on my recumbent (I just spotted it at 1.23sek), which I later chucked out.

TimO

Guru
This is my seventh season of FNRttCs, I did my first one, to Southend, in April 2008.

I think I've got the rear camera mounted acceptably, and the bike has been fettled into submission, wheels, breaks, gears etc, all sorted (hopefully).

I'm still a little unsure about clothing. The forecast may get as cool as 8°C, with the wind chill dropping it by at most a couple of degrees. Given we won't be going that fast, and the inevitable stops for mechanicals, I may need to wear a slightly warmer coat than I'd normally choose. Hmm, decisions decisions . . .

thom

____
How many times have we been to Shoreham ?
I went once - there appears only 1 thread : http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/fnrttc-this-friday-to-shoreham.14644/
back in 2008 which I think was my first year.
I think this was my second or third but given it links to another place, I cannae see the lists to work it out.

On the first one I was on we went South, someone else signed me up. I got a screw right through my tyre at a roundabout and we ended up in some generous soul's enormous house in dark suburbia, drinking fresh coffee and eating piles of cake. Can't remember much else of that though - not so important.

Last edited:
U

User10571

Shoreham once.
West Wittering once.
Cuckmere Haven once.
All not repeated with good reason.... - although I confess to having regrets at not being on West Wittering - my reason for not being there was that nobody could possibly cycle that far and survive.
Really.
(It would've been my second FNRttC)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one of you and a couple of mates, Thom. Well, I think it's you...it looks handsome enough! :tongue:
mcreiq.jpg

U

User482

I am completely drenched. Please tell me it's dry in London!

rb58

Enigma
I am completely drenched. Please tell me it's dry in London!
It's dry in London

Top Bottom