FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend on Sea 7th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kimble

Veteran
Cross the road, blast it through the underpass and hang a left just before the flyover...at Old Marylebone Road. turn left onto Edgware Road and inhale the delights of being a night Ryadher...then the darkness of the Park and the canoodles being consumed on the benches, before arriving at nightime nirvana...just as the timer extinguishes the floodlights at the Arch!*
*I can write this guff because Clive has got it covered already. :smile:

...is my preferred route also (minus the park bit, I just blat it down Park Lane). It just works.

Why did it just take me an hour to change my front brake pads? Oh yeah, cantis.... A right pain in the posterior. I was supposed to be catching up on sleep today but a vomitus toddler yesterday means me dashing around the house after her today. She is cute though.

Blimey, we only had one small child when I did my first night ride.... August 2010 iirc

U

User10571

I'm certain @adamski still has that orange spotty top. And blimey, that's Charlotte.
And Pete, and That Emily, and Michael, and Arthur himself, And the inimitable PaulR (whom I didn’t know lived in my street – until I met him at the half way stop on my first FNRttC) And Ed, or Id as he calls himself….. The rest of them – who knows???

subaqua

What’s the point
it is my first night ride with you lot ( have done a new year jaunt and an odd lunchtime bimble with some) yet i feel as if i know you all . strange.

rb58

Enigma
My plans to do this on fixed have been cruelly dashed by a mildly borked front wheel. Not so borked as to make it un-ridable, but enough to risk the wrath of DZ. So, that'll be gears for me.

The roads are drying out nicely in south east London.

clivedb

Guru
My train gets in at 22:43. It usually takes another ten minutes or so for the cleaners to get to the back of the train and let me out after the train manager forgets I'm there.

And yes, I know the way to HPC.

OK - unless I hear to the contrary, I'll assume you and Andrew will go to HPC together as he would have to wait about 40 minutes for me.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Hi Andrew

My train from Milton Keynes is due in around 23.20 and I know the way - but it's very different from Ian's! I'll wait for you in the concourse - towards the r/h side (going out). What train will you be on?
Clive

Thanks Clive.
I'll be on the 22.33 from MCR.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Getting from ABO to Paddington: it looks as though I can take my bike on the circle line at Tower Hill, which would take me all the way to Paddington. Is that right?

It's possible that my decision-making abilities on Saturday will be slightly impaired...
it is

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adam B
Adrian C
Andrew Br
Andrew By
Andrew F
Andrew H
Andrij B
Anna D
Anne H
Anne M
Arthur C
Bruce R
Carl P1
Charles E
Charlie B
Charlie J
Charlie M
Chris B
Chris S
Chris W
Claudine C
Clive B
Clive P
Dan P
Daniel A
Dave F
Dave J
David C
David H
David P
Davy S
Diana J
Dr John B
Ejaz R
Frank P
Gail G
Gary J
Georgios V
Gordon P
Graham P
Grahame D
Greg S
Howard K
Iain C
Ian At
Jenny M
Jeremy C
John E
John M
John S
John T
Julie G
Kai N
Kim W
Lee T
Mark G
Martin F
Martin T
Martin W
Mary L
Michael A
Mick B
Mick D
Mike E
Mike M
Miranda S
Nick L
Nigel Cri
Olaf S
Peter D
Peter M
Rachel S
Rachel W
Rebecca O
Rob H
Ross C
Sahar
Sandra S
Selena M
Sig E
Sonia W
Stephen T
Stephen W
Steve R
Steve W
Stuart A
Stuart G
Susana L
Susie F
Tacey L
Thom F
Tim H
Tim O
Titus H
Xi C

mikeee

Ahhhh yes, my first Friday night ride.......
Someone will have to correct me on the date???
East Wittering I think? May 2007 I think?
Shocking memory I have.
I do remember been in a house in Guidford for refreshments after having motored along the A3, and there was definitely a little boat crossing involved. Might need something more sizeable these days.......(the boat that is!)

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Getting from ABO to Paddington: it looks as though I can take my bike on the circle line at Tower Hill, which would take me all the way to Paddington. Is that right?

It's possible that my decision-making abilities on Saturday will be slightly impaired...

Only problem with Tower Hill will be being rammed with people visiting the Poppies at the Tower of London.

Top Bottom