FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend on Sea 7th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
You make it sound like a ban.

Not at all......

mikeee

Any news on the weather in London tonight?
It's absolutely Baltic up here at the moment.
Hoping for typical southern night, warm, pleasant with a lovely brisk back wind......

PaulRide

Always at opposition
I'm ever so sad not to be on this ride - I do quite like my job, but it's a moments like this that I wonder whether I might prefer to have one of those jobs that actually finishes at the end of a Friday afternoon rather than running on through the weekend. And a nostalgic photo of an early Brighton run just makes it worse. I was probably riding my Miffy bike on that occasion. Is that Nina second from left, who turned up at HPC with a big leather backpack?

Any news on the weather in London tonight?
It's absolutely Baltic up here at the moment.
Hoping for typical southern night, warm, pleasant with a lovely brisk back wind......
I was just out in tshirt and light fleece and wasn't cold at all. Hands got a bit nipped though, so I've shoved a couple of handwarmers in the bar bag. I did notice it's lovely and clear tjough, here's hoping for some hot satellite action.

Right, time for a much needed disco nap.

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
I'm ever so sad not to be on this ride - I do quite like my job, but it's a moments like this that I wonder whether I might prefer to have one of those jobs that actually finishes at the end of a Friday afternoon rather than running on through the weekend. And a nostalgic photo of an early Brighton run just makes it worse. I was probably riding my Miffy bike on that occasion. Is that Nina second from left, who turned up at HPC with a big leather backpack?

I thought her name was Nienke - The backpack did seem a touch excessive

14582094261_63dcc2c325_z.jpg

itsbruce

Lavender Bike Menace
sadly, won't be making it to the ride tonight. Will email the captain, but do tell him I'm out if he doesn't get the message and calls me out on the list. Have a good one.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
I thought her name was Nienke - The backpack did seem a touch excessive

14582094261_63dcc2c325_z.jpg

This reminds me of a girl on a 2011 or 2012 night ride to Brighton. She was doing the ride on an old dutch bike in blue jeans, and it was pouring down after the halfway stop at the Scout's place. (I later bailed at Haywards Heath).

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Oh TT... You dont need to have the pictures, you can have the real thing anytime... hehehe
Goes to puke in the corner

My plans to do this on fixed have been cruelly dashed by a mildly borked front wheel.

If I hadn't left home already I could have possibly trued it up for you or whatever it needed. Swap out the wheel, let's have some fixed solidarity for the ride back.

Have a cold again but after Brighton cars ride this should be ok, if not there are plenty of stations.

U

User10571

OK.
As this is turning into reminiscence central - who remembers Morag?
Morag with the tent, the sleeping bag, and strawberries (or was it raspberries) for everyone?

Top Bottom