FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend-on-Sea 9th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
After a very nice breakfast in great company, I had a slow ride home via the Dartford Crossing.

A leisurely breakfast and a slow ride back to Dartford, you say?
That's odd. I recall doing a distinctly quickish dash back, and yet we hadn't crossed the river by the time you rolled up. :smile:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Claud was certainly hobbling but remained in good spirits & is hopefully making a speedy recovery as I type this.

Thank you Stu. And may I add that if one is going to stack it on the ice, one couldn't hope to wrench one's ligaments in better company than I had on the ride. Emergency hip-flasks appeared by magic, supporting arms were proffered, and I was even offered a ride in the royal chariot! I am still hobbling around with a chubby leg and foot in fetching shades of damson and mulberry, but it's shrinking by the day, and I can cycle a bit, although I'm somewhat disgruntled at being overtaken on the commute. Pleased that it wasn't a bigger pile-up, and that Adrian and Mandy were unscathed. Simon, being Simon, is inclined to give himself a hard time over every little mishap, but in fact the moral of the story is the age-old one about leaving plenty of space between oneself and the cyclist in front, especially when sleepy and in difficult conditions. That and the one about mocking the Ice Gods...

Thank you Stu. And may I add that if one is going to stack it on the ice, one couldn't hope to wrench one's ligaments in better company than I had on the ride. Emergency hip-flasks appeared by magic, supporting arms were proffered, and I was even offered a ride in the royal chariot! I am still hobbling around with a chubby leg and foot in fetching shades of damson and mulberry, but it's shrinking by the day, and I can cycle a bit, although I'm somewhat disgruntled at being overtaken on the commute. Pleased that it wasn't a bigger pile-up, and that Adrian and Mandy were unscathed. Simon, being Simon, is inclined to give himself a hard time over every little mishap, but in fact the moral of the story is the age-old one about leaving plenty of space between oneself and the cyclist in front, especially when sleepy and in difficult conditions. That and the one about mocking the Ice Gods...

Sorry to read that tc - wishing you a speedy recovery.

M :hello:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
1644254 said:
I'm sure that I am not the only one who feels that a photo might be in order.

Hear! Hear! I commend this idea to the house! (Hic)

No way. Its dramatic looks oversell the injury, precipitating unnecessary panic. Susie was practically calling for an emergency amputation on Sunday morning. Never knowingly understated, as I think DZ once put it. OT, but it reminds me that the French name for the blewit is Pied Bleu - one of the finest common edibles. We found loads of them last year growing on mulched municipal sites in Swansea.

pied_bleu_dessous.jpg

Wobblers

Euthermic
No way. Its dramatic looks oversell the injury, precipitating unnecessary panic. Susie was practically calling for an emergency amputation on Sunday morning. Never knowingly understated, as I think DZ once put it. OT, but it reminds me that the French name for the blewit is Pied Bleu - one of the finest common edibles. We found loads of them last year growing on mulched municipal sites in Swansea.

pied_bleu_dessous.jpg

You're ankle's that colour, TC?? You didn't look that bad on Saturday: must have been all that beer - I mean ibuprofen - you consumed.... I still think pictures are called for, even if only so that the appropriate histronics may be displayed.

Hopefully you'll be back to being the one doing the overtaking on the commute very soon.

pied_bleu_dessous.jpg
This should be a jazzy footnote - separate from the main body etc..maybe amputation was right after all. I know that on the night you didn't have mushroom to manouevre. :santa: GEBS

Top Bottom