FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend-on-Sea 9th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
A short-ish ride at 54 miles, taking in the Embankment, Aldgate, Stratford, Romford (famed for its nightlife), Brentwood and then some lovely countryside to Stock, where we will be fed and watered by The Excellent Tully Family. Thence to West Hanningfield, and down the Old Southend Road to Battlesbridge, Rayleigh, Tattershall Gardens, the Cinder Path, past our favourite radio station and on to the Rose Restaurant.

This will be our first December ride. The chances are that it will be cold, and it may be wet, but, then again, this November's ride was about eight degrees centigrade warmer than October's...........

Thus far I've got
John T
Stuart A
Susie F
Nigel W
Martin T
User10571 B
Sonia W
Miranda S
Martin B
Andrij B

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yes please Simon

Add me to the list please.

I'm hopeing to get the gears tweaked a little on the trike before the next ride.
So I should be a little faster than on the Whitstable run.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Much as I would like to, I seem to have an ante-natal class on the Saturday morning, so probably I'd better not.

U

User10571

I'm interested.
Sadly my GP is currently calling the shots.
Pencil me in very, very faintly pls.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm interested.
Sadly my GP is currently calling the shots.
Pencil me in very, very faintly pls.

You're very much missed. It'll be good to ride with you again, whenever that is...

mmmmartin

Random geezer
And me please, Dellzeqq. As I whiled away a "recovery Sunday" planning next year I realise that other events mean I shall be unable to make it to no less than eight FNRttC rides. :angry: But I was cheered by the thought that this means I can make 11 of them. :biggrin: FNRttC: 19 rides in a year. Amazing. Plus the tour, whch I look unable to make without causing trouble at work. Which may happen. :whistle:

Andrij

Über Member
Me, please. In theory, the week leading up to this ride should be relatively light so I should be fully rested. Worst case scenario I can at the very least help get the ride through the badlands of the East End then bail at Romford.

Let me know when you're doing any recces. I can keep you up to date on road conditions between Aldgate and Ilford (beyond, if needed) in the days leading up to the ride.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
John T
Stuart A
Susie F
Nigel W
Martin T
User10571 B
Sonia W