FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend-on-Sea September 13th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I remember when those rainlegs were £14. Really should have bought a pair then.
They do look a bit, er... special, though.

U

User10571

Memories of Tigerbiten on the on the recent Brighton ride. As everyone was busily breaking out the gore-tex, flapping like ungainly albatrosses, Tigerbiten was busy stripping down to his speedos - on the (quite logical) basis that skin is waterproof.

That said, it wasn't terribly cold on that ride.
I've been on a number of rides with TB, and have concluded that, as such, his hypothalamus (go on, look it up :smile:) doesn't work in the same way as it does for the rest of us - no offence meant N. just an observation.
While the rest of us are donning the impermeable and the insulation, TB is producing a fair head of steam, the pressure / development / quantity of which appears to increase as temperatures plummet and precipitation increases.
Go figure.

I've been on a number of rides with TB, and have concluded that, as such, his hypothalamus (go on, look it up :smile:) doesn't work in the same way as it does for the rest of us - no offence meant N. just an observation.
While the rest of us are donning the impermeable and the insulation, TB is producing a fair head of steam, the pressure / development / quantity of which appears to increase as temperatures plummet and precipitation increases.
Go figure.
Charlie was feeding a baby hypothalamus at London Zoo on Friday - he said it was nice. But he blows a bit hot and cold about these things anyway...

And I just googled 'Rain legs' - but I mis-typed and omitted the 'n'.
What a weird world - but it's not Grimsby, that's for sure!

Ah ha!

One way to kill an ad...get people smoking while they're viewing via piss-poor lift music.
How about a 'Rain G-String' - to alleviate the wet stripe?

Last edited:
U

User10571

on the Stock Village Hall thing. Geoff declined a club cheque on Friday night. I tried and tried, and Tim gave it a go as well, but Geoff was not persuaded. If, on the other hand, any of you feel like not asking for your change next time you're at a halfway stop, whether it be Stock or Strood or The Edifice (if that ever happens again) then I'm sure that would be welcome. Those who sent funds through somebody else - that's much appreciated.
I fully endorse the idea of direct action. That is all.

Trickedem

Guru
those were well weird. The kind of thing you might see on Grimsby docks at five in the morning.
I have to confess. I was wearing rainlegsalike from my local General Store (Aldi). Not quite as good as the real thing, but not bad for half the price. When I last looked they were discounted even further down to about £8.00, so a real bargain. My legs were lovely and toasty all night, so I can recommend them wholeheartedly.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Go figure.
Perhaps his hypothalamus is open to the rain

Steve Jones

The kind of thing you might see on Grimsby docks at five in the morning.

I suspect that my life is probably going to be unilluminated by any such experience at Grimsby docks at 5am. However, it occurs to me that such people probably know about dealing with the wet and cold, so maybe there's something about being a Fishermen's Friend.

Top Bottom