FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - suggestions for 2011 please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
Hmm...could be chilly up north on 15 April. I better dig out my long johns.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've looked at the climate data, and it will be balmy - or, rather, the chances of subzero temperatures are slimmer than a ride to Brighton on the same night. There is a fair chance of rain, but a smaller chance of the cloudbursts that marred the November 2009 and February 2010 rides.

fimm

Veteran
I was just thinking about this again when I see you have planned next year! Anyway, for future reference, if Glasgow to Edinburgh doesn't suit, why not go on to North Berwick? The trains back from there have spaces for loads of bikes! (Maybe CycleChat Scotland could do this; sometime in June, you'd hardly need lights!! (slight exaggeration...))

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'll make a note of those. Yay! to the extra Bognor ride. Glad to see we'll be doing Harwich again (memo to self: carry bike across that beach...cleaning took a while), Manchester and South Wales both appeal, should have enough leave weeks & days to sort those, and I hope there's a repeat of YtoC as well. That was very special indeed. And all good training for Pedal to Paris 2011.....!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Definitely going to do my best to get on the Harwich one next year and the Dieppe one (it was awful sitting at work reading posts from people on a ferry!!!)

:blush:

TimO

Guru
... Glad to see we'll be doing Harwich again (memo to self: carry bike across that beach...cleaning took a while), ...

It was a shame that I was otherwise occupied for that one, over at another place. Hopefully next year the two events won't clash.

Definitely going to do my best to get on the Harwich one next year and the Dieppe one...

I only did the Dieppe one as far as Newhaven, but it was also quite fun cycling from Newhaven to Brighton with Apertif and Des, and then lounging outside a cafe drinking coffee on a Friday morning, and watching the rest of the world go by! (Even if my knee did fail requiring a somewhat slower pace for that last section.

Some of the other rides in 2011 also look quite promising. I shall have to try harder to book tickets for trains Oop North this time!

StuartG

slower but further
I'm another one glad to see a second Bognor ride
And the routes thru the Arun gap. Will it be spikes or full climbing gear?
The Dieppe raid is definitely on the itinerary and I'll be badgering Simon fora continental extension to the June Whitstable ride. Oh and a possible Stour extension for Harwich to enjoy Flatford Mill and the excellent local brews ...

Bravo Simon, 2011 will be a vintage year for the ordinary cyclist enjoying extraordinary rides ...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And the routes thru the Arun gap. Will it be spikes or full climbing gear?
The Dieppe raid is definitely on the itinerary and I'll be badgering Simon fora continental extension to the June Whitstable ride. Oh and a possible Stour extension for Harwich to enjoy Flatford Mill and the excellent local brews ...

Bravo Simon, 2011 will be a vintage year for the ordinary cyclist enjoying extraordinary rides ...

5011302656_3e1bd9b2e5_z.jpg

Eurygnomes

Awesome!!! Will start booking in the weekends in my diary now - and then sorting out random friends (who currently live in Paris/Berlin etc.) who are tempted by my raving about these rides, to throw their bikes on Easyjet/Eurostar and come join in the 'fun'. :smile:

By then, hopefully, I'll have recieved my crime report from the police (£10 and a possible 40d wait *fingers crossed it's quicker*), and the insurance company will process my claim and I'll FINALLY be able to go shopping for a new bike.

Still pootling around on one of M. Legg's Dawes though - which is fantastic for getting around the areas I travel (thanks Simon!).

See you in March (if the weather is fine!)
X

Top Bottom