FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - suggestions for 2011 please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got a friend who's going for a big sponsor, so it needed smartening up a bit. I'm still not happy with the Brighton and Newhaven pages

Newhaven needs a feature on the lovely people who ran that portakafé! Divine, massive amounts of food. And this time, I'm going over...I may be some time. Although, having said all that, the hip hop into Brighton was fab. too - albeit a crunchy off-roader in parts...definitely not delicate people's territory.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
ah! The sponsor might want to produce the jerseys (it's a clothing company) in which case it might be logo'd to the max.

Blimey! This marketing guru career goes from strength to strength!

Like the pic of the Millennium Centre. Good idea to have a mosey at the bay - the WMC looks great at night and the Senedd is fab as well...

3502867196_9d298a39c1.jpg

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
indeed. The photograph of the Millenium Opera House is reproduced by kind permission of Zach Bulich http://zachbulick.tumblr.com/ who is a young Canadian photographer who has taken a lot of photographs of South Wales. And the rather lovely picture of Port Talbot by night is by Pickled images http://www.pickledimages.co.uk/

Both Zach and Pickled Images let me use their photographs for free, which is pretty decent of them.

The really bad news is that I need pictures of people with captions along the lines of

***** - age 38 - postman - rides Litespeed road bike
***** - age 46 - fireman - rides Wilier road bike
***** - age 29 - lawyer - rides Surley Long Haul Trucker
***** - age 50 - television MD - rides Spesh Ruby Pro

think Rapha, but lighthearted and inclusive.

any volunteers?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
indeed. The photograph of the Millenium Opera House is reproduced by kind permission of Zach Bulich http://zachbulick.tumblr.com/ who is a young Canadian photographer who has taken a lot of photographs of South Wales. And the rather lovely picture of Port Talbot by night is by Pickled images http://www.pickledimages.co.uk/

Both Zach and Pickled Images let me use their photographs for free, which is pretty decent of them.

The really bad news is that I need pictures of people with captions along the lines of

any volunteers?

Cheesy! Is Tim H on the Whitstable ride? He takes good pics. The captions I leave to Teef...

It's in danger of being light by the time the ride reaches Port Talbot, which would be a bit of a shame for the Fires of Mordor effect. West of Bridgend things get nice and flat and fast, so getting a wriggle on to beat the light wouldn't be out of the question, although the prevailing wind doesn't help...

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Prevailing wind! Should we ride from Swansea to Cardiff? I know where you can get a decent brekky right opposite the Opera House

I forgot

***** age 35 - rocket scientist - rides vintage steel tourer

Andrij

Über Member

any volunteers?

Can I be a lawyer solicitor, aged 29, please? I'd even shave a take elocution lessons! I wouldn't mind being a few years younger and considerably better paid. :biggrin: As I may be in the market for a touring bike, test-riding a LHT would be an added bonus.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Prevailing wind! Should we ride from Swansea to Cardiff? I know where you can get a decent brekky right opposite the Opera House

I forgot

I favour Cardiff-Swansea for obvious selfish reasons, but also because a Cardiff start seems more accessible at night and has a bit more gravitas about it, because it gets the hills out of the way in the first half and because Cardiff Bay doesn't really seem like the coast, so it wouldn't feel like an FNRttC. For the way home, Swansea is actually quite a good place to load bikes on to trains (capacity aside) because it's the end of the mainline - you can be rushed at Cardiff with the silly FGW system. Besides, I rode Cardiff-Swansea on Sunday, with a following wind. You pays your money...

I forgot

This one must be a reference to 'Talisker O'Tools' - the weather forecaster who was once in danger of converting to yurt living...until Bognor and beer planted the seeds of sociability, leading to a well-rounded rider of the Friday night storm...another success for the FNRtt Sea.

TimO

Guru

I forgot

Damn, so close, I just need a vintage steed, and to drop ten years.

I notice I manage to appear in three pictures in the 2011 brochure, although they may well be the same three pictures as last years brochure!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I may just snip pics out of the internet and label them up with faux descriptions.

2254551242_e810660f55_b.jpg

Jacob - 27 - web designer, rides 80s 531 Raliegh

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
2253747289_71ef4befaf_b.jpg

Honey-Bouffant - 25 - deep sea fisherperson - rides Schwinn hybrid

actually this is pretty easy-peasy. And these people are more interesting than real people. I could get used to this - as long as you promise not to tell GaryA

Top Bottom