FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast to Felpham 26 July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Arse - sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to drinking your round meeting you.

And in other news - my bodge doesn't make the bike top-heavy, and my rear mudguard broke somewhere outside Chesham, so it's been ditched. Now - do I ditch the front one as well?
You have given serious consideration to riding a bike with one mudguard?

martint235

Dog on a bike
is the Ride flat in general or is it rolling hills

There's rolling bits, but no epics like Turners, Portnalls or Ditchling - you could do it on fixed if you were so inclined.
:rofl: :rofl:

martint235

Dog on a bike
What's with the laughter Martin?
I'm taking a bike with a 53/39 and 11-26 cassette is this not wise, should I throw a compact on the bike?
Freaking me out now.. lol
Just the idea of you climbing a hill on a fixie. No offense meant!!

You'll be fine. I'm always on 53/39 11-25 on a FNRttC.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
I'm always on 53/39 11-25 on a FNRttC.
Yebbut you have legs that come up to most people's nipples.

mistral

Guru
I am going to partake in this pancake flat moonlit ride to the glorious glistening azure sea. I will converse on route to the needy individuals who have specifically requested such eloquent repartee. With the sole intent of provoking the ire of some participants; I will be sporting pink accessories and may even use arm warmers, as is my wont. At the coast I will consume fearsome quantities from the foaming jug of that most delicious brown liquid (other hues are available) so favoured by the scrofulous peasants these rides attract.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am going to partake in this pancake flat moonlit ride to the glorious glistening azure sea. I will converse on route to the needy individuals who have specifically requested such eloquent repartee. With the sole intent of provoking the ire of some participants; I will be sporting pink accessories and may even use arm warmers, as is my wont. At the coast I will consume fearsome quantities from the foaming jug of that most delicious brown liquid (other hues are available) so favoured by the scrofulous peasants these rides attract.

I take it your coming along then?

Reactions: _aD

martint235

Dog on a bike
I will have to delegate my ire to someone.

theFire

Veteran
Specifically, you push the bike for 10 metres along a footpath and it is lifted over a fence by you and helpful others, then you push (I prefer to ride) across a gentle downhill field of grass for 50 metres then push it along a footpath for 100 metres, then you go over a stile (see above for lifting) and turn left along a riverbank for 100 metres and are back on the tarmac.It's all dead easy. Dellzeqq allows his carbon-thingy-bike to travel it so it can't be that bad. It takes about 20 minutes max if you dawdle and chat.

The more er, life-experienced males tend to keep a sharp eye out for Joanna Lumley who is rumoured to lurk in the bushes there but no matter how hard we look, we've not seen her yet. I am beginning to suspect she is as elusive as the beauty in the boulangerie on Le Tour in Normandy - and like the lovely Samantha of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue.

And cows! Dont forget the cows!

I actually did this part of the route last Friday evening, cycled through on my cyclocross. When I got to the riverbank bit the whole path was full of cows! Had to go down the bank, along a bit and back up.

Top Bottom