FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast to Felpham 26 July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I may of dropped a rickett on this, MrsP has apparently booked tickets for the athletics at the olympic stadium for that day. Don't know whether the afternoon or evening sessions. More info when the tickets arrive.
Tickets have come through, and they are for the friday evening, so at this early stage I will have to bail out I'm afraid.:sad:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm thinking of doing this one - really, I am. Is there any decent crumpet conversationalists doing it?
Just need to check a couple of things before I commit.
P.S. I owe you £2, or maybe even £4, Simon. It has weighed heavily on my conscience for some time but it wasn't even enough to buy a bottle of Italian fizz.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm thinking of doing this one - really, I am. Is there any decent crumpet conversationalists doing it?
Just need to check a couple of things before I commit.
P.S. I owe you £2, or maybe even £4, Simon. It has weighed heavily on my conscience for some time but it wasn't even enough to buy a bottle of Italian fizz.

Go on squire......be great news if you can make it. We need to update the nobber list.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Currently looking at new lights (more confusing than buying a new bike). Is this suitable for a FNRttC? http://www.evanscycles.com/products/niterider/mako-200-front-light-ec044254

Doesn't look massively different to the Hope Vision 1 mentioned on the FNRttC blog (200 max rather than 240 max lumens), but substantially cheaper.

Yes that will be fine.
It's only in the deepest darkest country side that you need good light.
But sometimes, when safe to do so... it's nice to turn the lights off/down and cycle with just the moon and stars for company.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You don't need a particularly bright light on the FNRttCs. The other riders in the group make the whole pack very visible to motorists.....but....on a fast downhill stretch on the way to Brighton a couple of years ago, a quite large pothole flashed by, right in the middle of the road. It's not the place you would expect them, and it scared me . I went out and bought a stupidly bright ebay offering and use it on the faster bits if no one else is about to warn of the hazards.

StuartG

slower but further
Lights really aren't a thing to worry about these days. Doing a FNRttC in pre-LED days would have been a very different barrel of fish. Batteries that wouldn't have lasted if the connections and tungsten hadn't given out first ... oh and bottle dynamos that lost friction and power at the first whiff of dampness ... not that the light was nearly enough in the first place.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
you can't beat an acetylene lamp........

the Cateye 530 is about the same price and pretty decent. In essence you want
- something with a decent LED
- something that keeps the water out

I'll be interested to see the Evans light at work - but if you really want to look after the pennies, check out the 7dayshop light referred to on the blog. Now available for £4.29 including postage.

Top Bottom