FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast to Felpham 26 July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
2539157 said:
What time does that finish?
About 10.30pm, by the time we have got out of the park and onto a train, I'm not going to get home until midnight. i know what you are thinking though, The only bike parking on the olympic park is outside Stratford station and I don't fancy leaving my beast there.

Wobblers

Euthermic
2543077 said:
It is a demonstrable fact that the greater proportion of CC's finest minds are members of the Fridays. We can solve this one.

Divorce perhaps?

U

User10571

is the Ride flat in general or is it rolling hills
There's rolling bits, but no epics like Turners, Portnalls or Ditchling - you could do it on fixed if you were so inclined.
The off-road bit would welcome the use of cleat covers - if you have such thigs

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I notice the fnrtcc site says this ride goes off road... how off road are we talking am I OK on a road bike or do I need a MTB?

Specifically, you push the bike for 10 metres along a footpath and it is lifted over a fence by you and helpful others, then you push (I prefer to ride) across a gentle downhill field of grass for 50 metres then push it along a footpath for 100 metres, then you go over a stile (see above for lifting) and turn left along a riverbank for 100 metres and are back on the tarmac.It's all dead easy. Dellzeqq allows his carbon-thingy-bike to travel it so it can't be that bad. It takes about 20 minutes max if you dawdle and chat.

The more er, life-experienced males tend to keep a sharp eye out for Joanna Lumley who is rumoured to lurk in the bushes there but no matter how hard we look, we've not seen her yet. I am beginning to suspect she is as elusive as the beauty in the boulangerie on Le Tour in Normandy - and like the lovely Samantha of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
And before anyone tells me, yes I know.

I've just attached a barbag to my flat-handlebar Galaxy conversion - unlike my titanium I'm willing to leave it outside our office summer party on Friday evening - which leaves no room on the bars for lights. So I've also bodged a handlebar extension straight up. This afternoon I need to go and make sure the whole thing doesn't topple over under the weight.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Or like MacB on a bike?

and likely to remain so for a while I'm afraid, life has gotten in the way again(actually work has this time) and I'm also now back in for yet another surgery on Tuesday the 30th. This one's a tiddler(or so I'm told, just a little correction) so I have hopes of a relatively rapid return but I've made that 'counting chickens' mistake before, so we'll see.

Still, on the plus side, my investment in a couple of those Contour computer mice seems to have paid remarkable dividends on my right arm/shoulder problems.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Arse - sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to drinking your round meeting you.

And in other news - my bodge doesn't make the bike top-heavy, and my rear mudguard broke somewhere outside Chesham, so it's been ditched. Now - do I ditch the front one as well?

U

User10571

......... and like the lovely Samantha of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue.

*Ahem!*
Mmmmmmmartin, I'm really, really sorry about this.
But Samantha of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue.... Does Not Exist.
Dreams.... all dreams.....

As above, I'm really sorry....
JB

Top Bottom