FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast to Southend-on-Sea 30th April 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I'm not sure it could possibly be as good as the last one, but I'll give it a go anyway.

I think this is the only one I haven't done yet.

redjedi

Über Member
MacB said:
I may even be up for a return ride assuming we can avoid motorway stylee

And although there doesn't appear to be any hills to the east, I'm sure Martin will be able to rustle a few for us :tongue:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
redjedi said:
And although there doesn't appear to be any hills to the east, I'm sure Martin will be able to rustle a few for us :tongue:

I just need to get an add-on app for his garmin that records the power levels left in my legs and routes us accordingly. Though that could mean a garmin that automatically routed to nearest pub or station:biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hills are not a problem on the way back from Southend.. it was the blessed infernal headwind that was a killer last time.

redjedi said:

ianrauk said:
Hills are not a problem on the way back from Southend.. it was the blessed infernal headwind that was a killer last time.
Chugging away from the café is sloping - ish, but it wasn't just the wind Ian, it was the epidermis 'rinse' given by the sand blasting that accompanied the gusts.
The Bird Sanctuary was, and is an ace pit stop, but you were laying down in the back of the 'bridge waggon' by then... and the spooky view towards London heights, after wondering at the concrete barges...well worth a trip back for anyone who wants to see interesting urban stuff! Forget bed - that can come later.
I'm reading about the crazy plan to build an airport on Maplin sands - if I can remember anything, I should be a font of useless knowledge (nothing new there then...) by the ride!:tongue:
And the Rose Café is calling...
kevwnt.jpg

...switch on to Southend!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
RE the hills: Bread and Cheese wouldn't be a problem going west, nor the nasty little climb in the vicinity of Fobbing.

Italian patient update: the Viner is now back at Velocity, for the frame to be stripped down and sent back to the importer for inspection and (hopefully) repair- Velocity have booked that in for next Tuesday but sooner if they can fit it in. Hopefully I'll either have it back up and running, or replaced, in time for the New Forest Sportive (18th). Fingers crossed....

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Ah, go on then. Count me in, please, Chief. In the if-you-can't-beat-em-join-em spirit, I might even give this entirely unnecessary "riding back" business a go. Weather-dependent, of course, and provided these Mouseketeer types can be persuaded of the virtues of a pub lunch...

theclaud said:
Ah, go on then. Count me in, please, Chief. In the if-you-can't-beat-em-join-em spirit, I might even give this entirely unnecessary "riding back" business a go. Weather-dependent, of course, and provided these Mouseketeer types can be persuaded of the virtues of a pub lunch...

Ah - cool! Deal. (As in 'arrangement' - not necessarily where we'll end up! :cry:).

Top Bottom