FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast to Southend-on-Sea 30th April 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I would sort-of vaguely like to do this... but my parents are inconveniently moving house away from Southend so I might have to drive home afterwards (or get James to pick me up, perhaps). I shall think on it a little longer...

clivedb

Guru
Yes, please count me in, Simon.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adrian C
Stephen B
Chris B
Davy S
Sarah M
Andrij B
Susie F
Barry J
Bridget M
Olaf S
Ian A
Andrew H
Dan B
Matthew S
Ally McB
Christiane S
Martin F
Edmar G
Adrian M
Claudine C
Clive B
Steve W
Tanya G
Chris KH
Lee T
Andrew A
Andrew B
(where's that tennis player when you need him?)
Andy M
Dave F
Mark F
Tim O
Clive P
Steev (remind me.....)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
AdrianC said:
Who would be interested in the idea of a return ride involving a short sea crossing between Tilbury and Gravesend?

That puts a whole different complexion in it....

My lovely people, we have been persuaded by some, that are careful of our safety, to take heed how we commit ourselves to darkened roads, for fear of motons; but I assure you, I do not desire to live to distrust my fellow lovely people.

Let drivers fear; I have always so behaved myself that, under God, I have placed my chiefest strength and safeguard in the loyal hearts and good will of my fellow road users. And therefore I am come amongst you at this time, entirely for my recreation or sport, and being resolved, in the midst and heat of the battle against the car, to live or die amongst you all; to lay down, for my God, and for my country, and for my lovely people, my honour and my blood, even the dust of the gutter.

I know I have but the body of a fat and feeble man; but I have the heart of a son, and of a son of England, too; and think foul scorn that Honda or Seat, or any other brand of Europe, should dare to invade the borders of my routes: to which, rather than any dishonour should grow by me, I myself will take up the big ring; I myself will be your general water carrier, TEC, and rewarder of every one of your waves and nods and smiles in the field and on the road.

I know already, by your forwardness on many a hill, that you have deserved rewards and crowns; and we do assure you, on the flash of a speed camera, they shall be duly paid you in Whisky and Brandy after breakfast. In the mean Dellzeqq shall be on his stead, than whom never prince commanded a more noble and worthy subject; not doubting by your obedience to our general, by your concord in the peleton, and by your valour on the pavement fixing mechanicals, we shall shortly have a famous ride over the North Downs, of my kingdom, of Sussex, and home to my people.

... if I can get some miles in, in April, and we come back over the ferry, why not? Count me in please Simon!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
MacB said:
Yes please, however I will not be sporting rack and panniers this time:biggrin:

I may even be up for a return ride assuming we can avoid motorway stylee

Is one forgetting one's bold statements about the IoW Randonnee but two days afterwards?

I'd had this FNRttC marked down as a possible as I could dovetail it with a visit to the outlaws in Stratford, but I've just heard that the Father-in-Law has gone all Gene Hunt and given the mother-in-law a slap. Divorce has been mooted. I'm not minded to visit.

I'll check the Doris' plans and do as she instructs........

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Aperitif said:
We'd be all at sea - nothing new there.
Adrian is going to lead the very first MASS SMRbtL - no train tickets allowed! ;)

Speak for yourself. It's a little far back to Pompey, alas....

I am going to cautiously put my name down for this ride family permitting.

Simon you have all me details already but let me know if you want them again.

Thanks
Clive

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Nope, IoW will definitely happen for me, though good job you reminded me:biggrin:

Ally McB...yep spotted that as well Teef, just missing the 'eal' then eh? or maybe 'uffoon':biggrin:

Will have to plan and scheme carefully to include IoW, but it takes priority over the night ride.

Bollo said:
Now that is a euphemism in search of a meaning!

I'd nudge it with a Centurion tank after what I saw last Sat. Paul. The approach roads were like a huge version of those mountaneering walls one might see at a gymnasium - I suppose it could have been tiredness.

Passed 'Bikeplus' though - the shop of the advert! (Thanks to topcat for pointing it out)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
MacB said:
Nope, IoW will definitely happen for me, though good job you reminded me:biggrin:

Ally McB...yep spotted that as well Teef, just missing the 'eal' then eh? or maybe 'uffoon':biggrin:

Will have to plan and scheme carefully to include IoW, but it takes priority over the night ride.

'eautiful' - That's what it's missing. I'm talking about inside though. Looks-wise you're not doing it for me.

TimO

Guru
Yikes, I blinked and we're up to five pages already!

Please put me down for this ride please Simon. I always like Southend, it's a nice easy flat route, and was my first FNRttC, although that was via the Dartford crossing, which we don't do any more.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Bollo said:
'eautiful' - That's what it's missing. I'm talking about inside though. Looks-wise you're not doing it for me.

I'd argue but looks wise I'm not really doing it for myself right now either. Some great pics of me from the last two night rides, I'm the epitomy of the totally shagged(not in the nice way) fat bloke. But my meteoric return to fitness has begun....just watch this ever narrowing space:ohmy:

Top Bottom