FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast to Southend-on-Sea 30th April 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Regarding the discussion about the money - I really appreciate that taking part in those rides is free and I think it would be great if it stays like this. On the other hand, I absolutely agree that it would be sensible to have a pool of money for some TEC equitpment/breakfast and probably other things like Simons cab ride back home when he accompanies an injured rider.

Wouldn´t a donation based system work? A non-profit cycle forum in Germany (http://rad-forum.de) similiar to Cycle Chat operates exactly that way. They´ve published a bank account on their website, and anyone who thinks it´s appropriate can transfer whatever amount he wants. On their website, they keep track who made what donation and on what stuff they sent money. It works perfectly fine - currently they have a surplus of more than 5000 Euro.

I personally would prefer such a system to somebody collecting "voluntary" donations on the ride...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Nah. It's well-intentioned, I'm sure, but it means quite a lot that the ride operates on good will and a bit of rallying-round-when-needed.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
theclaud said:
I'm sorry Teef, but the minimum donation required for agreement is now £1.
You can't set blanket rates like that - this is a free market! I'm charging you £500 for every time you agree with me, as frankly the experience dents my confidence.

Ben Lovejoy said:
You can't set blanket rates like that - this is a free market! I'm charging you £500 for every time you agree with me, as frankly the experience dents my confidence.

Penalty ref!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Ben Lovejoy said:

Oh you think so? Do I need to remind you who runs the FNRttC? You're allowed to come along, but you have to email Dellzeqq first and agree to talcing your innertubes and renouncing the tenets of Friedmanism. :biggrin:

StuartG

slower but further
Free ride is a great principle and it would be great to keep it that way. A bit of dosh for spares etc is also good.

Why can't we raffle some cake at half way stop? You don't have to buy or eat but it might just do the job in the spirit of the occasion.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
StuartG said:
Free ride is a great principle and it would be great to keep it that way. A bit of dosh for spares etc is also good.

Why can't we raffle some cake at half way stop? You don't have to buy or eat but it might just do the job in the spirit of the occasion.

Stu, I think play it by ear, I brought this up just because it's something I was aware of, sometimes I can't stop myself counting things:blush:. I should have put in BIG BOLD LETTERS that I've never actually picked up even the faintest whiff of anyone feeling hard done by, just the opposite to be honest. Probably keeping it casual is the best thing, I'll work at that myself. For someone that colour co-ordinates his wardrobe, and underwear drawer, this isn't always the easiest thing.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Combining the two concepts, then: from each according to his baking abilities, to each according to his cake consumption needs. I reckon I'm a winner there.

StuartG said:

There are only *certain* rides that qualify for a raffle Stuart...:blush:
I always take cake, food and stuff and sell it to myself - works out cheaper that way. :biggrin:

Only joking. I think we all think the same way.

:biggrin: Al's round.

Top Bottom