FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable 17th June 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To wear an Adrian flag hat, it is important to have 'bombard ears' :rolleyes:

Quite a clothing range building for this ride:
T- shirts
hats
padded knee 3/4 shorts for TT riders...
cervelop2sl.jpg

An interesting bike for a fnrTTc :smile: Using this, I would like to have 'gone for it' on the ride into Whitstable, but I fear the crosswind (which unbalanced me once) might have caused me to fall over. The first I have seen on an FN.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Excellent pics as usual Tim.. really love the Buffyness in full effect of Wanda and User13710.. and of course this one..
thumbsup.png

IMGP6106.JPG

Some lies are in fact inadvertent truths and churches really can be navigational aids to shipping as well as inspiration to puppeteers. Off to Wikipedia to create more future truth, back in a bit.
The best navigational aid is a moral compass. Failing that, a church will do. Thank you for the cake mention - Brighton '7/11' will be an unseasonal Stollenfest I think - I'm feeling the pretty colours already. Actually, 'Buy a slice for Martlets' could create a wonderful fund raiser... :whistle:

mistral

Guru
The ride to Whitstable is always a joy, we were blessed by the rain gods, although visitations of a deflationary nature kept those with strong thumbs and stronger resolve busy at the back.

This time I was unable to keep McWobble at bay on the run in, speeding past me and Seasalter, as though he had a phobia about getting left behind....

Following a splendid Friday night, it's difficult to imagine a more pleasant way to while away a Saturday morning, lovely people, lovely sea views and lovely brown beer helping the conversation flow. Who cares if we all become increasingly less coherent as the morning ebbs away. I vaguely recall trying to have a serious conversation with Stuart near the end, what was I thinking, what was I saying, I couldn't have been making much sense.

^and 'your boys' were a credit to the ride Mick - no need to tie them to their desks this week - nice guys.
I don't remember a thing about 'debriefs' but I think Stuart was indulging in fierce debate about cycle lanes etc with Davy, so much so, the conversation was the hot topic in the gents - both participants keen not to enforce a break in the conversation, deciding to visit simultaneously. (I had made an excuse and was leaving...) :tongue:

wanda2010

Guru
Now that I'm (almost) fully recovered from my cycling weekend, I remembered I was one of the two that missed AdrianC and headed over Westminster Bridge. I'm blaming the guy in front of me :whistle: :biggrin:

Some of my highlights: Food stops. The Shard in the clouds. Train journey home with delightful company and I owe wotsisface for my train ticket. Please contact me :hello: .

FNRttCs are addictive. Fact.

See you all in August as I'm doing the Dun Run next month.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Now that I'm (almost) fully recovered from my cycling weekend, I remembered I was one of the two that missed AdrianC and headed over Westminster Bridge. I'm blaming the guy in front of me :whistle: :biggrin:

that Adrian can't distinguish you from a 6 foot 4 inch tall male Lithuanian is a bit worrying.........

theclaud

Openly Marxist
not bad, could do with some muscle underneath mind :whistle:

Ha! That's a great pic, and it reminds me! There was quite a sight to be had in the boudoir of Andy's Cafe!

Goya's El Majo Tatuado?

800px-Goya_Maja_naga2.jpg

Or was it Titian's Venus of Bromley?

800px-Tizian_102.jpg

But with more attitude. The Chelsea Olympia, perhaps...

800px-Manet%2C_Edouard_-_Olympia%2C_1863.jpg

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
didn't see it - I'll have to go back and find out.

I just hope it wasn't French
Poussin_-_Nymphes_satyres.jpg

742px-Fran%C3%A7ois_Boucher%2C_Ruhendes_M%C3%A4dchen_%281751%2C_Wallraf-Richartz_Museum%29.jpg

although for the full effect one cannot beat an Ingres

ingres_bain_turc.jpg

itsbruce

Lavender Bike Menace
Adrian showing no signs of flagging in the company of Claudine. The 'Salon des Refusées to FNR' will note the glorious sun-drenched scene, a gentle breeze - not enough to cool the hearty, sizzling breakfasts being eaten by those who rode the night away. (Hungry yet? :smile: )

Ach, I now much regret not hanging around on the Saturday morning.

Sketchley

Über Member
So there was no rain after all. However turned out I had big crack in my rear rim when I was doing some maintenance on Friday morning so looks like I would have had to bail any way. Ho hum...

Next time..

Top Bottom