FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable June 1st

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
getting sauced
So "give up drinking three weeks beforehand - I'm serious" was a typo for "three hours"?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Top word choice TC, and aligned in a brilliant order too. You should write more, and more often. Worthy of "The Ride" journal I'd say.

Wow! You have a Top 5? Who got shoved down and out then, Rebecca?
It's more a case of 'not many ride reports are so good that I even think of putting them into a Top 5'. Pippa's LEJoG and Jane's Ireland reports (in 'that other place') made it. Also a recent series of posts from my favourite blogger. Not much else. Books don't count. Some rides that get ridden up on www.crazyguyonabike.com and in Arrivee are interesting in terms of content but not particularly well written. It's got to be well written. TC's is.

I agree.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Rebecca, Greg... you are very kind, but there is nothing like posting a lengthy contribution of some kind or other to make you wish you had started somewhere else entirely. It is in the nature of the [night ride] thing that its pleasures are fugitive, provisional, stolen. There is nothing that can be captured in prose.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Rebecca, Greg... you are very kind, but there is nothing like posting a lengthy contribution of some kind or other to make you wish you had started somewhere else entirely. It is in the nature of the [night ride] thing that its pleasures are fugitive, provisional, stolen. There is nothing that can be captured in prose.
bollox. (to be blunt). you've a gift, use it. that which can be caught in prose, you captured pretty damn eloquently.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Pish, dear lady. That was a corker of a report. Joys of a night ride captured most agreeably, I thought.

Top Bottom