Fridays Tour 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
But what about over here :smile:

A trip up NCN1 wouldn't be that bad a plan

SlowCoach

Über Member
Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Norwich, Salle, Boston, York, Fountains, Durham, Lindisfarne.

Mediaeval ecclesiastical architecture at its finest.

Haven't you forgotten Lincoln, Beverley, Ripon and the twin monastery of Jarrow and Wearmouth from that list? Time it right and you could catch the Lindisfarne and St Cuthbert's Gospel whilst they are in Durham.

I've often thought of doing this route in the other direction, but have never got past the dreaming stage so far.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I rather like the idea of researching the east coast's best fish and chip shop - a sort of Fryers' Night Rides to the Coast. Put me down for a large haddock.

No need to research it.

The answer is the fish and chip shop in the ginnel on the right at the bottom of the hill at Robin Hoods Bay. :thumbsup:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I am interested. I have Spain, the crossing of, in late August. This is to improve my Spanish for Patagonia, BTW. I also have LEL in late July, early August, which today is simply looking undesirable rather than disgusting, painful and impossible which is how it looked at 9pm last night. So other things permitting, I am a definite YES.

How about going up the east coast from Harwich sort of way, stopping at say er, the end of the week. The North Sea Cycle Route does that and I have all the Sustrans maps and have studied it, which is why I suggest we avoid them like the plague. But it goes through nice country. Adrian could bring his swimming cossie. There might be a pub on the way. And some of these northern places have electricity now as well as trains, cyclists for the use of.

possibly. As long as you don't get shouty and start looking for a punch-up.
Blimey! Who's cider you on?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
So, it seems the sun has his hat on and the ragging alkies in us are taking over.... Hmmmm.

Anyhow, my tour, that was meant to happen last year, when I look back at it, I was more excited in what was north of York and the East of England than what was down south. The route was :- London - Bognor - Swanage - Bath - Kidderminster - Wetton - Wakefield - Hull - Hinderwell - Newcastle - Hawes - Hirst Courtney - Spalding - Harwich -Southend - Home.

Next time, I wont plan on doing that many miles, as fully loaded, 50-65 is enough, or quality beer time is missing out.

I would really like to do the Dales, Lake District and other National Parks up north. They seem, oh so much more interesting... Its cheaper up north too for beer isnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom